Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera crashes following upgrade

(Topic created on: 21-06-2021 12:23 PM)
Me100
Journeyman
Options
Following the upgrade on Saturday my camera app now constantly crashes. It appears the issue may be with the front camera sensor, but either way I can no longer use the camera app.Any solutions gratefully accepted!
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
When on the samsung members page

At the very bottom
Click on the get help button

Then click on interactive

And run camera test

And see if fixes
The issue
0 Likes
Me100
Journeyman
Options
Thanks - tried that, rear camera works fine, but get white screen when testing the front camera, and cant take a picture, so cant complete test.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try below

Go to SETTINGS
APPS
select camera

scroll to 
CAMERA  STORAGE
Tap, Clear Data

Check to see if the camera is working
Me100
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. This has helped - I can now use the rear camera and open and close the app, as long as I dont switch to the front camera. As soon as I switch to the front camera it crashes again and I have to clear all the data again before it will reopen. It's just as well I dont take many selfies!
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Have you tried a restart
On your phone
Sometimes a restart
Can help
0 Likes
Me100
Journeyman
Options
Tried that, still cant get the front camera to work. Extremely frustrating. Thanks for all your help though, it is much appreciated!
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
As this problem only occurred after an update Me100 have you tried clearing the cache partition as this can eliminate any update borne bugs and glitches?. I am not sure what phone you have but if you YouTube how to clear the cache partition your phone you can follow the guidelines therein. If you have not done this before then best take it slowly as it is a serious step but a very effective one on occasions. Good luck to you Me100. 👍👍
0 Likes
Me100
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I'll give it a go.
Me100
Journeyman
Options
Grrr, didnt work. Still same camera problem!
0 Likes