Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Search Talk

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 09:20 AM)
ZiggyZee
Explorer
Options

Every time I speak into a search engine this annoying woman's voice talks out the answer. How do I turn it off please. I have searched endlessly for an answer but can't find the one that gets rid of it. Either the tabs/ buttons mentioned aren't there or it doesn't work. Loads of others with same problem but no result to stop it. Using a Samsung G alaxy A53 5G

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
skinrug
Apprentice
Options
When I attempt to text a friend out of my contract list it fails to send, this only happens with one contract
skinrug
Apprentice
Options
Contact sorry
0 Likes
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Open the Google app on your phone and then hit on Profile picture > Settings. After this, find and tap on Google Assistant. You will find a Popular Settings option at the top and All Settings, arranged alphabetically. Then go to General and turn off Google Assistant.

0 Likes
ZiggyZee
Explorer
Options

It's already off. As I said, nothing gets rid of it, so darned annoying

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Have tried holding both volume keys together for a few seconds? That should turn off TalkBack.
0 Likes
ZiggyZee
Explorer
Options

There's only one volume key. The one below it turns off the phone. If you press both keys together however it just takes a screenshot or turns the volume off altogether. No good as wouldn't hear if the phone rang etc. I've changed to another browser for the moment without that annoying woman's voice. 

0 Likes