Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bold print on text messages on Samsung A54 5G

(Topic created on: 15-07-2023 12:12 PM)
Members_S5SYfks
Apprentice
Options

I have lost 1 eye due to cancer and find my text messages font is a  little bit to feint for me to see clearly.     How can I change the fault to a Bold type font ?

I have done Display, Font Size and Style, then selected Gothic Bold  and increased the font on the sliding scale to 7 ( the highest number is 8 if you count the dots available) . The messages seem to be  Bold on my Whats app messages but my Text messages do not show up as Bold. 

Is there a way I can make my Text messages Bold as well please. Many thanks Jimmy 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Hi, I think the only thing you can try to get the text slightly bolder in text messages is to try the high contrast setting, under settings, accessibility , visibility enhancements.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Members_S5SYfks 

I wish you a speedy recovery in regards to your health. 🙏

If youve performed everything you can in regards to the phone's font settings i.e toggling Bold Font to On then maybe look towards options such as Goodlock and it's various Plug-ins and launchers such as Nova Prime which offer many enhanced customisations.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_S5SYfks: Which Messaging app are you using? After heading to Settings > Display > Font size and style > Bold font, and toggling this option on, I was able to view messages in the Samsung Messages app with the bold font applied. If you're still having trouble making out the text in the Messages app, I recommend placing your thumb and forefinger on the screen, and spreading them apart to increase the size of the font. This can be quite sensitive, so please do this slowly until you find a size that best suits you. To reduce the font size, simply pinch your thumb and forefinger together. 

You can also explore the available options in Settings > Accessibility > Visibility enhancements, such as 'High contrast fonts' to see if this helps.

Wishing you all the best. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_S5SYfks  if the bold font is not to your satisfaction  I would recommend trying the visibility Enhancements  such as High Contrast Theme and High Contrast Font, go to Settings-Accessibility-Visibility Enhancements. see some detail in this article https://www.samsung.com/Visibility Enhancements 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
My eyesight is not great, I have found turning on high contrast and increasing the size of fonts helps a lot. Also whilst not good for battery usage, increasing the screen brightness helps too. It's a case of experimenting to find what works best. I Hope this helps
0 Likes