Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying contradictory software update information

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 01:28 AM)
shuff1
First Poster
Options
The Security and privacy feature in settings is telling me I need a security update.
 However, when I checked I get a "Your software is up to date" message.
I then go back to Security and privacy and the "you need a security update" message is still there.
I have one ui version 5.1 with a security patch update on the 1st Aug 23
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
It might be under Google security updates, it's found under software in about phone, then Google play system update.
0 Likes
arianwen27
Pioneer
Options
That probably means Samsung has an update for your phone, but your cell carrier or some other factor isn't letting you get the update yet
0 Likes
shuff1
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the replies so far.

The security update has an exclamation mark next to
"Security update 1st Aug 2023" When this is pressed it takes you to a software update page where it tells me my software is up to date with UI version 5.1 with a security patch update on the 1st Aug 23.

Is this the most recent version?

My Security is taking me to a page for a required update, but that page is telling me my system is up to date.
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
What specific model do you have? You can also force an update via Smartswitch if needed. UI 6.0 is available for the A series so need to know what phone you have.
0 Likes
shuff1
First Poster
Options
Thank you, it's an A71
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Unfortunately I don't think the A71 was due to receive that update. Is it definitely a security update and not a Google Play System update? A screenshot would be helpful. Try wiping your cache partition to see if it clears the problem

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

0 Likes
shuff1
First Poster
Options
Thanks, it's not a Google Play update. Will try to clear the cache later.
Will the phone's security be compromised without the UI 6 update?

1708248968223_1708248968211_0.jpg
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Thanks for providing that. Is your phone UK spec model or was it purchased abroad? I think India had a September 2023 update and AFAIK that was the very last update for that phone.
0 Likes
shuff1
First Poster
Options
Uk spec
0 Likes