Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update in samsung A40

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 11:56 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I'm using a samsung A40.The last update i received was a january security patch, which i received on feb 12th. Android 10 was officially released in most eu markets on march 16th. Since then, I'm checking for the update notification. When i contacted the customer care, they told me i would receive the update in april. And now the samsung members android 10 notice has been updated saying A40 has been updated to android 10 in march. I'm using a latvian set. The csc code is SEB(baltics). How can they publish that update has been delivered in the members app,  without updating all of the devices? 

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Reza213
First Poster
Options

I bought mine from Germany and I'm using it in Belgium with Belgian Simcard. still, I haven't received android 10. any idea?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Reza213 wrote:

I bought mine from Germany and I'm using it in Belgium with Belgian Simcard. still, I haven't received android 10. any idea?

The possible issue @Reza213 is that the phone was released to be used in Germany.

This phone has now been imported to Belgium which from past posts and experience can have a detrimental effect on updates. i.e slower or in some cases non existent.

This is known as a grey import.

Your reliant on the updates being pushed out by the country of origin and them getting to your phone.

You could try Samsung Smartswitch.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Reza213
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply,

I've tried Samsung Smartswitch, but still not working.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Check whether your Belgian network has released the update. Probably the update maynot be released in your region. Maybe the update has already been released and it will be in a phased rollout.  I hope you can issue the problem soon.

Stay home, stay safe.

0 Likes
MerlinTG
First Poster
Options

I live in Belgium and never got an update of Android. Still on Android 9...

I checked again yesterday and no update available 😕 

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

That's strange it should have android 11 my mum has an A40 and it's running android 11 with the April 2022 security patch

0 Likes
MerlinTG
First Poster
Options

I should have thought so...

My wife has an A10 and she has Android 11 already. She also started with Android 9.

So it confuses me why one phone updates just like that, and the other doesn't.

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Is your phone imported ? Whats your csc
0 Likes