Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Point names

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 05:34 AM)
Nosnikta
Apprentice
Options

Hello, when my Galaxy A52 S was bought on Novemeber 2022, there were three options to save different access points from my provider, but now there is only one (the default option).  I can't send photo attachments via text and need to amend the access points. I have tried a number of times and saved the amended option, but the original default option always remains.  Is there any way to restore the three options which were available when new? Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware your network provider just needs to provision your mobile account for MMS which then allows the sending of texts with photo's included.

That said in my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra in Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > there is an Add option in the top Rh corner.

See my screenshot here >

Screenshot_20230122_071740_Settings.jpg

On a side note > As MMS are usually a charged per text service I personally prefer WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or good old email.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nosnikta
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your reply. I have tried a number of times to click on the + sign to change the APN as advised by my provider. It allows me to complete the suggested alterations, but saving makes no difference, it defaults to the one I have tried to overwrite. When I first bought the phone, there were 3 separate circles to save up to two different APNs with a choice of making the successful one the default. Now there is only one circle which is always the default.  I had hoped to find a way to restore the three options without having to do a reset. I hope this information helps.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the options you speak about to add apn details are not now available then as far as I'm aware you won't be able to make them appear again.

You can send feedback via your Samsung Members app to ask Samsung to look at this for you @Nosnikta 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nosnikta
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks for your additional advice. I suspect that I will have permanantly lost the original options; much appreciated and thanks.