Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 screen freeze and keyboard lag on WiFI connection

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 12:56 PM)
Ad75
Journeyman
Options

Hi there.

I have recently purchased the A71.had it less than 10 days.i am experiencing freezing  and keyboard lag occasionally.when I switch to mobile data there are no issues and the device is very smooth.Can someone please advise if this is a fault or how to resolve this? Many thanks

14 REPLIES 14
sam2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi experiencing the exact same issue, did you ever find a fix

thanks SAM

0 Likes
Ad75
Journeyman
Options

Hi Sam

No unfortunately I didnt find the answer.the phone was just 4 days old and I started getting this problem.i had to send it back.

Someone on this thread has suggested using power saving mode for your battery.that may help stop the freezing and lag.i do believe there is no fix from samsung at present.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Ad75
Journeyman
Options

I believe it's under device care..the medium power saving mode.soneone tried and it worked for them.

0 Likes
caz1073
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing this too any fixes? 👍

0 Likes
Members_1zZPsmC
First Poster
Options

I'm also experiencing this.  It's quite annoying!

0 Likes
sam2021
Journeyman
Options

No sorry I didn't apart from the one mentioned above, ie turn off wifi and then turn it back on again. It will still lag but you get a few mins of reprieve. Can't get anyone at my phone shop to see the issue, as it only seems to happen on home on my WIFI. 

I'm operating an Orbi, what type of router are you running in case there is a common issue there?

Does it only happen in one location eg home or everywhere?

Please "like" the original issue as the more we get, hopefully samsung will take notice.

0 Likes
sam2021
Journeyman
Options

HI are you saying they just turned ON medium power saving mode and the issue was resolved for them?

0 Likes
sam2021
Journeyman
Options

Yes its incredibly annoying. I'm trying the suggestion above and I have just turned on medium power saving. Not sure of the impact so will try it for a while and report back if it helps. Can you like the original post above so we get some visibility on this issue. tx

Saz62515
First Poster
Options
I've had the same issue with my phone tried power saving and a reboot has not made any difference. contacted Samsung to see if I can get an exchange or refund. my friend has the same make and model since May and hasn't experienced any issues with the keyboard freezing and lagging.
0 Likes