Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 Fingerprint sensor

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 05:33 AM)
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Just purchased an Galaxy A71 and the fingerprint only gets to 20% it is worse than the A50.
Samsung blames the tempered glass but the mid range phones have an optical sensor which takes a picture so a tempered glass will not affect the image if it is fully glued. Samsung is just making excuses for a shoddy sensor and pathetic implementation of the firmware.
SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options
You're welcome. Glad it helped :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Solution
Mephistos
First Poster
Options

Poor software implementation that is all. It seems to have a mind of its own. Some kind of personality. Sometimes it works registering fingerprints with moisturiser, but 80% of the time it does not. Sometimes it works buy putting your finger of a wet cloth before each scan of the finger - but sometimes this does not help either. Sometime if you let it aside for a while and when you try again after 20 or 30 minutes it registers very quickly your fingerprint. 

Another annoying thing is that from time time it doesn't recognise one of the fingerprints. Don't bother to try to registrate again that fingerprint - it will not work and it will annoy you to hell. Just leave it for half an hour and after that like a miracle it reads again your fingerprint.  

I made 3 updates and nothing seems to be changed with this problem. There are times that it works quickly and time that it does not want to work no matter what you do. You can try with or without the temperred glass. with wet hands, with moisturiser. it does not want to work properly and consistently.

So after 3 updates and after all the experience that I detailed above I can assume that it is a poor software implementation. 

I've tested the same tehnology on the chinese companies like Xiaomi and Huawei and they have faster unlocking and always reads your fingerprints. Besides that, on the chinese phones it works by reading the tip or the sides of your fingerprint - something that samsung does not want to work. The position of the scanner on samsung is too low and when you want hold the phone with one hand and want to unlock it with your tumb you have to make some streching to allow samsung poor software to read the middle of your tumb because it won't unlock by reading the edge of your tumb or the tip of your tumb. Others can, samsung can not do that or not all the time only 10 - 20% of the time. 

So if the chinese can do it please cut the cr*p samsung and work on the software and don't full us with things like don't use tempered glass, don't use plastic protectors ... your software tells us to not use fingerprints if we don't want to get annoyed. 

Puggle
First Poster
Options

I have had a new A71 for about 3 weeks and was able to register 2 fingerprints without any trouble but after about 2 weeks it stopped working on the thumb print (the one I use most). The other print has always worked except for the odd occasion.

I deleted the thumb print and tried again but it would not register. It kept telling me I wasn't covering the sensor fully, but I was. I tried moisture but that didn't seem to work either.

I eventiually found that, rather than turning the print as shown in the instruction diagram, if I dampened my thumb before each time I put it on the sensor, then showed the sensor a different part of the thumb/finger using the diagram as a guide i.e. where it doesn't show green lines, put that part of the thumb (or finger) on the sensor, I managed to get it to 100%.

I now have 3 fingerprints that all work....at the moment.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Anas Muzammil
First Poster
Options

Guys this is a 100% working solution for the issue mentioned here. I just found it and wanted to share it with the other sufferers. This is basically a software issue on Samsung's part and has nothing to do with tampered glass and whatsoever (mine worked with local tempered glass worth a buck). The problem is that scanner is not able to read your fingerprint completely. What you need to do is use both of your thumbs for a single impression. While using the right thumb, when it can't scan anymore, use your left thumb and vice versa. Hope this solution helps. You can also refer to the original source: https://youtu.be/U2gaV5TvWOA

0 Likes
BrianLasky
First Poster
Options

Worked brilliantly for me after trying without success every couple of days for two weeks!! Many thanks .

0 Likes
Vishwas
First Poster
Options

It works thank you 😊

0 Likes
Pamzss
Pioneer
Options

I had s20 ultra n now s21 same issues.

But in huawei every phone fingerprint works ***** fast with glass screen protector.

But Samsung dnt bother customers sufering

0 Likes