Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 12:14 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
sll
First Poster
Options

I am very pleased if this actually works for anyone sadly I have tried all the possible fixes on here and none of them work.  

0 Likes
Uptoeleven
First Poster
Options

gaplayer's fix worked a second time. So even when my phone started playing up again, I re-ran the fix and it re-fixed.

Now there's a new firmware / software release - this may help as well?

Gaplayer's fix below for those that need:

THE FIX - FOR ME AT LEAST:

-   Open the dialler and type *#0808# (it's normally *#2873# on other Samsung mobiles but it did not open the USBSettings app at all).

-   As soon as you press the last '#', the USBSettings menu will appear with several bullet-point style options:

MTP

PTP

RNDIS+DM+MODEM

RMNET+DM+MODEM

RMNET+DM+MODEM+ADPL

-  I selected the last option, pressed 'Apply', exited, confirmed the setting stayed the same, pressed 'Apply' again and then pressed the 'REBOOT' button.

0 Likes
Mb26
First Poster
Options
Comes I say says USB is connected and after seconds the USB is disconnected and I am a mani connector, please help
0 Likes
Richie38
Student
Options
I have developed the same issues. It's fine when plugged in charging I can dim the screen but drains my battery when it's not plugged in .
Ant ideas welcome.
Regards.
0 Likes
Richie38
Student
Options
I need the info also.
Regards Richie .
0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I have the same how could i solve..??

0 Likes
Omri
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem.. very annoying samsung fix it !
0 Likes
sz_peter8
Apprentice
Options

I've searched the whole Internet to find solution for this issue. Then I tried gaplayer27's solution above, but unfortunately it did NOT work for me. However I found a possible solution on this page under a Samsung S9 problem that worked for my A70 too. The steps are the following:

Go to Settings

Swipe down, press About phone

Press Software information

Then press Build number constanty to enter Developer mode

After this in Settings Developer options will appear right under About phone

Press Developer options

Searh for Default USB configuration, press it

Press Charge phone only

This work for me as well, so I hope it will work for you guys too.

0 Likes
sz_peter8
Apprentice
Options

And it's back...

sll
First Poster
Options
Sadly hasn't worked for me ?? What were the setting previous to doing this. Need to be able to charge, download images, videos, audio recordings
0 Likes