Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 motherboard repair advice

(Topic created on: 18-10-2019 04:21 PM)
ComicSans
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I bought an A70 a week ago and it was simply amazing. A week ago I dropped it, which cracked the backplate and also stopped the charging from working. Since I do not live in a region of Europe where authorized samsung repair shops are around, I had to try and service it through an unlicensed one.

After they were done checking it out they said a connection on the motherboard cracked and they cannot fix it ( to clarify they said it was not related to the charging port or even the bottom part of the phone). They also said they broke a part of the phone's antenna off.

I was searching on the web for an authorized shop that could try and fix it but none of them offer motherboard repair.

So now I have a phone that does not charge with its backplate off and a broken antenna.

What is the best course of action I could take in this situation? Is it even worth trying to get this fixed?

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The probable issue now @ComicSans  is that as you have let an unauthorised engineer carry out work on the phone thus breaking the phones seals your Samsung Manufacturer Warranty will be voided.

Samsung wouldn't probably touch it now.

The shop that carried out the work I assune guarantee their work so if they've snapped a part of the antenna off surely they must remedy that.

The conspiracy theory in me says did they also snap the internal board if they've already admitted to snapping the antenna. Nothing you could prove unfortunately.

This is why I advocate always going to the official Samsung Service Centres or Samsung Experience Stores if possible and local even if the cost is higher than a shop that advertises they repair phones.

In regards to the internal boards you would have to look around at different shops ,but then also weigh up the time and costs involved to try and get this phone working again against the purchase of a new phone.

Coupled with what you've paid the shop already for the work carried out thus far.

I assume you do not have any form of insurance you can claim from ?

If this was my phone I'd let it go and buy another phone along with a phone case and screen protector, but that's just my personal opinion.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jemcgt
First Poster
Options

Just buy a new mother board usa Europe $ 28.00 usa new motherboard  £20.00 Europe new motherboard. 

0 Likes
Jemcgt
First Poster
Options

@Jemcgt wrote:

Just buy a new mother board usa Europe $ 28.00 usa new motherboard  £20.00 Europe new motherboard. 

U tube Tutorials not a big job 👍

0 Likes
a706
First Poster
Options

where do you get your main board for samsung a70

0 Likes