Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A55 Vividness Slider Update

(Topic created on: 29-06-2024 05:38 PM)
wkit
Journeyman
Options

As many others have already posted about, this is going to be another post about the A55's washed out, dull looking colours. Just want to spread more awareness to this issue.

I received my A55 yesterday after owning the A52s for 2 years, I was very happy with the A52s, but wanted a change for more phone storage and a better battery life. The A55 seemed like a very good option since the S-series is a little too expensive for me and I already had a A-series phone I was happy with... anyway, I basically wanted my A52s but with a better battery life. I do like the A55, but the washed out colours are very disappointing. I'm a little nitpicky, I do admit, but the bad colours are very noticable. I don't care if it's to look more natural, the vivid option isn't even vivid. Especially red is pale. The samsung PUNCH is missing. The punch that makes the colours pop, I really loved the vibrant colours, but now... no. With the current settings, there is no way to make it look vibrant. Making it warmer barely helps. When I put my A52s next to the A55 with the exact same photo open, the difference is actually crazy to me.

I saw a mod say that they are working on adding the vividness slider in a September update, but they seemed to be the only moderator providing any information at all and other moderators act like they don't even know about the problem... it would be great if another mod could update us and provide more information, or confirm that the update will indeed happen soon. Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
ozanbjk
Explorer
Options

We need a clear answer now. Otherwise I will never buy a Samsung phone again 

keith30
Mastermind
Options
It's only the S24 series that has that feature so don't hold your breath on that. I have the S22ultra and I don't have that.
0 Likes
ozanbjk
Explorer
Options

A35 had the same problem, they fixed it with an update

ozanbjk
Explorer
Options

Can you keep us informed about the update?  @PaulM1 

wkit
Journeyman
Options

They fixed it on the A35 too though. They gave it the feature

0 Likes
PeteBeale
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the exact same boat as the OP. Moved from the A52s to the A55 yesterday and the washed out display on the A55 is appalling. Fingers crossed for a software update to introduce the vivid slider otherwise this purchase isn't going to last for very long.

Samwise
First Poster
Options

Temporary solution would be to enhance photos in Google Photos. Bit Its very true, A55 photos after coming from Realme phones, look super dull. Enhanced photo example is on the right.01.jpg

0 Likes
RancidEurus
Explorer
Options

Replying to spread awareness of this problem and they add the slider to A55

0 Likes
Options

Screenshot_20240715-211941_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes