Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s battery stuck at 100% for too long

(Topic created on: 17-04-2022 12:47 PM)
vukman02
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone. I have a question for you all. So, got a new phone a few weeks ago and I've noticed lately that after I charge it from, let's say around 10% to 100% and unplug it a few minutes after it reaches 100%, it stays on 100% for longer than it should. It stays on 100% for at least 20 minutes of active screen on use (no matter how I use my phone it stays on that 100% for quite some time), and after that it looks like it starts to drain normally. So my question here is: Can the battery calibration be off on such a new device?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
My old a52 5g used to do this, where is my s21 I've just got doesn't it drains quick for 100% to 95%. So I think its normal in a series devices.
vukman02
Journeyman
Options

Did you ever manage to fix it on a52 and was it happening with every charge or only sometimes? 

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
It was every time I charged to 100%. I don't think it will do any harm it must just be the way the battery is calibrated because I've seen alot of posts about it on reditt. I wouldn't worry about it anyway.
vukman02
Journeyman
Options

Oh well, guess it has to be like this. Thanks for the info man! 

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
No probs, it should be ok but I never had any issues.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Robbie-35 @vukman02   Hola, esto podría deberse a la aplicación Device Care. Intente borrar el caché y los datos de la aplicación, o desinstale las actualizaciones y actualícelas nuevamente.
Creo que 20 minutos con la pantalla encendida es tiempo suficiente para que no muestre progreso de consumo. Saludos.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
It's probably because it's a new phone and the battery will be new too and not been used till you first turn on the phone so your battery will last a long time but in due course the health will degrade depend on your usage as long your battery anit draining quickly I wouldn't worry
vukman02
Journeyman
Options

I'll try that today and let you know if it worked the next time I charge my phone completely. Thanks for the suggestion. 

0 Likes
vukman02
Journeyman
Options

Well sometimes it dranis a bit quicker after it drains from 100 to 99 and sometimes it doesn't. I tried calibrating it once and after a full discharge and charge it worked fine but right after charging it to 100 again, it got stuck.. 

0 Likes