Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5G WiFi - Frequent "connected, no internet"

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 03:21 PM)
Members_k2okZDo
First Poster
Options

OneUI 4.0 installed.

Frequently, on my home WiFi, my a52s 5G (while connected to the WiFi) will simply not have an internet connection through the WiFi, and it will use my data instead.

I can turn the WiFi off an on, and it works again for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours while at home.

The signal is definitely strong throughout the small house.

If o go to the WiFi settings, it typically shows I'm connected to the WiFi network, but it's showing a status of "Connected, no internet".

The rest of the devices in the house are fine. The router is only a couple years old, WiFi 5 or 6 tech.

I need sound advice to help troubleshoot this, please.

Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_k2okZDo   Try the following :

Go to Settings- Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router - Forget .  This is the bottom right on the list.   Toggle your  Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through  all the  connection steps. 

Thereafter  go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router  on my device it is under view More but could be Advanced if that does not show.  select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, I would suggest   pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems.  An idea also to reboot the router if the issue not solved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
staceyPea
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue. And have tried this and it still doesn't work. Using so much of my data now. Only started doing it on my new sansung s22, Not impressed
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_k2okZDo  I would suggest reporting on Samsung Members _Error Reports.   Are you able to try the sim card in another device to check if same situation there.   possibly  you may able to  receive a  replacement from your provider to see if that rectifies the issue 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DarrenAF
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same with mine. Had S and A series phones for years without any issues. This one A52s 5G doesn't like mesh wifi networks. If I connect in a shop or at work does the same thing, works fine but as soon as you move nearer another access point just switches to no Internet and changes to mobile. Great but in shops especially there's no mobile signal!
0 Likes
Spokes
Student
Options

I've noticed the same with mesh networks. Seems fine on networks with only one access point but at home where I've setup a mesh network it's more or less using my data 95% of the time.

No issues on previous phone (one plus 8 pro) 

0 Likes
DarrenAF
Journeyman
Options
I've since found that enabling hotspot seems to set this off. The fix I've found once it starts is restarting the phone. Since doing this my phone has been reliably connecting to WiFi at home and work without any issue. Have reported to Samsung as well so hopefully they'll find the issue and fix it properly.
Spokes
Student
Options
I'll give that a go, I do use the Hot-spot quite often (android car stereo) so maybe it is related 🤞

EDIT: my WiFi has been perfect since restarting my phone and not enabling hot spot
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DarrenAF  Thanks for your observation, the hotspot may well be an issue for some customers.  Hopefully a proper fix in due course.

thehognl
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Already thought it could be just right after using hotspot but haven't reboot yet. I'll try reboot right now and not use hotspot anymore to see if it resolves for me also.