Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5G After update to latest version => no network

(Topic created on: 22-10-2023 06:44 PM)
Oleksandr-S
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

After update with 1 October security patch. Phone doesn't see mobile networks anymore. I tried restart, safe modes, powering off - didn't help. Other things: On start it asks for sim pin code, it recognizes if i enter wrong pin.

I can't switch to manual network operator, un-toggling "Select automatically network operator" never finishes, it stays in state searching for networks....

When i try to change Network mode -> it's just ignored, it has value LTE/3G/2G (auto connect), and i can't change it.

Same sim card works fine with another phone A12. A52s was also working fine before update, and there were no issues during update, it started normally, except can't find network.

40 REPLIES 40
Piper123
Maestro
Options
First things first :

1. Do you have airplane mode on?
2. Do you have mobile data on?

Initial options if yes to both of the above:

1. Reset network settings (this will remove your network settings for all mobile and WiFi connections)
2. Clear partition cache via Smart Switch

If all else fails, unless anyone else has a better plan, factory data reset is the nuclear option
Oleksandr-S
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

More details: it's not an issue with mobile data, but mobile networks, I have that crossed circle sign showing no network coverage. I have tried to do reset of network settings - no luck, except I lost all passwords for wi-fi, and headphones connection 😅 
Do you still think i should go ahead and clear partition cache to resolve issue with mobile network?

0 Likes
AJ1985
First Poster
Options

Hi Oleksandr-S, I have exactly the same issue as you.  Installed the Oct 23 update, immediately no network service and my A52S 5G will only connect via WiFi.  Same as you, I cannot change network mode and it won't find any networks when I try to search manually.

I have tried resetting network settings and clearing the partition cache as piperdog123 recommended, unfortunately neither made any difference.

Does anyone else have any advice/success?  Don't know if Samsung is working on a fix for what certainly looks like an update-induced bug, but pretty annoying to lose all network access with no ability to roll back the update!

0 Likes
NinoslavB
First Poster
Options

Hi Olesandr and AJ1985, exact the same issue. I tried everything but without any luck. Have you solved the issue? Something is very buggy with the new upgrade.

0 Likes
Azlogan
First Poster
Options
Same issue here. I've tried:
* cache partition wipe
* repairing apps via the recovery menu
* resetting network settings
* countless reboots
* second sim card slot
* different sim card
* flight mode on/off

The only thing left is a factory reset...and/or rolling back to the previous September update version
0 Likes
NinoslavB
First Poster
Options

Yes, but I have already seen somewhere on the forum that a factory reset didn't help. Not sure what to do, I have already bought a new phone, but this one is still under 2 year warranty, and I will give it to diagnostics and repair shop to fix it.

I am 100% sure it is not hardware related because everything else is running perfectly as before.

0 Likes
AJ1985
First Poster
Options

Hi all. Factory reset didn't change the fault, and I don't think there is a way to roll back the software update.

However Samsung have at least agreed to attempt a repair on my device under warranty, so I need to take the phone to the service centre. I will update this thread with the outcome.

0 Likes
katlouise
Explorer
Options
I've got the same with the 1 November update - installed on Tuesday (21/11) and had no network since. It doesn't even try to connect or search for other operators. I'm kinda relieved to see that factory reset didn't solve it because I've tried everything else and *really* didn't want to have to resort to that! Will follow to see if anyone has a breakthrough
0 Likes
NinoslavB
First Poster
Options

The factory reset doesn't help to solve the problem.

I sent the phono to an authorized Samsung service center almost a month ago because it was still under warranty (just a month left until the end of the 2-year warranty 😁).

No one has responded yet, obviously they also don't know what's wrong with it, so I hope for a replacement phone.

0 Likes