Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 incoming calls go directly to voice mail

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 02:55 PM)
JustBIM
Student
Options

Hi,

I have this issue since last month after only 6 months using it. I live in USA and I bougth it on-line through Walmart from a shop located in New York. I changed SIM, reset it to factory settings but the same. I take it to a local authorized repair center and they told it's a problem with the antenna (it works well on 3G) and I should send it to Samsung USA which I did. Now, after they accepting my phone they told me it is no covered by warranty in USA because it is an "international version" (?). I called Samsung Latinoamerica and they told me this phone is not on their system so they could not help me. What can I do? Where to send my phone for repairing because it is only 7 months of use. To Europe?, to Africa? Who is responsible for malfunctioning of this phone which covered for a 1 year warranty? 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
JustBIM
Student
Options

Mine is at the Samsung "hospital" as well for the very same issue. They say it's a motherboard problem and they're going to replace it. Now I'm waiting...As I related early in this thread, after 6 moths of use it all started suddenly on late July

0 Likes
rdalyhome
Journeyman
Options

Thanks JustBIM - It appears I may have an Italian version (TIM/TIM,TIM/EUX/TIM). I kind of remember the initial splash screen after I received it (e-Bay seller) was in Italian. I am very much hoping this has not contributed to the problems. Software patches must work regardlss of these configurations. I am not sending the phone anywhere for repair . It likely is cheaper just to buy a new one (Not Samsung though)

0 Likes
johndimm
First Poster
Options

Samsung A50.  Settings/Connections/Mobile networks/Network mode

LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)  -- straight to voicemail

3G/2G (auto connect) -- people can call me and my phone actually rings!

So if I want my phone to ring, I need to shut off LTE.  Sad.

Message from Mint Mobile:

Okay, I think I know the problem, this is because Samsung did an upgrade to Samsung's devices, so now the only way some devices can work with the mint mobile service is by setting them in 3G/2G, so, in this case, I would recommend you to contact Samsung directly to see if there's something they can do on their end to make the LTE work

0 Likes
JustBIM
Student
Options

On my A52 I had the same very problem and I did the same as you did. On 3G it worked well. (you can see my earlier posts) I sent my phone to a Samsung repair center in USA and after a week or two they told me it was a problem with the mother board so they have to replace it and charged me because it was an international version. I payed for it and now they say it is irreparable!!! ?? But yes, I'm very suspicious on the latest Samsung update...Mine was only 6 months of use!! until July final days.

0 Likes
johndimm
First Poster
Options

Does Samsung ever reply to these complaints?  

Could there be an update in the works that fixes the problem?

Other that this, I like the phone a lot!

0 Likes
Torch59937
Journeyman
Options

That is exactly what I was forced to do. The August update, 4.1, made the phone inoperable for calls. I sent it in, and they are changing the mother board. It was 3 months old, and also an international version. They said they were replacing with a domestic motherboard, and did most assuredly state that the phone would operate both in US and Internationally an would have a 90 day warranty. I am about 30 days or slightly more waiting for this repair to be completed. They evidently do not stock replacement "domestic" motherboards and have to wait to receive from South Korea/China, which is confusing since it would seem to be a vital part to have in stock?

Once I have the phone back I will update

0 Likes
Torch59937
Journeyman
Options

I also like this phone. The chipset in the 52s is, to me, better than what is in the 53. I was hoping, if they were to factory reset or uninstall the August update, it would become functional again. Only the calling aspect failed. The Mobile data was just fine, texts etc. As for the initial question, I cant say either way.

0 Likes