Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 Dialling 999 in pocket?

(Topic created on: 19-05-2023 09:52 AM)
JJB
Pioneer
Options
My phone has taken to dialling emergency 999 several times a day whilst in my pocket.! It also randomly takes screenshot?
It seems a shame I have to leave it on airplane mode while I am at work. 
This has only started in the last week or so. 
Any advice much appreciated. JJB. 
13 REPLIES 13
Rob99
Voyager
Options
Sounds like it is detecting an emergency, a fall or a car crash maybe? Check 'emergency sos' in settings. You might be inadvertently pressing the side key? Or maybe your case is accidentally pushing it? Do you have any third party emergency apps installed?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @JJB 

Take a look at > Samsung Support > How-to-prevent-pocket-dialing-on-samsung-mobile-device/ 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JJB
Pioneer
Options
Hi Rob 99, thanks for the advice. I have turned off emergency sos and this has stopped the 999 dialling. I now have to stop it taking random screen shots and also texting while in my pocket.
Rob99
Voyager
Options
Great! Glad I could help.
Swiftnick64
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. My new A54 has been doing this almost daily too - dialling 999 and taking random screen shots in my pocket - I've followed the advice from BandofBrothers but still a big issue.  How is yours now, JJB?

A54 5G
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Hi Swiftnick64, most of the time it's OK, but still occasionally dialling 999 😬
Swiftnick64
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. The more I search, the more I see people with this issue on other androids too.

A54 5G
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Wow, I didn't realise that. Mine was originally doing it 4-5 times a day(I was expecting a call from the police 🤔) , but now maybe once a fortnight.
JJB
Pioneer
Options
The emergency services must be sick of it 😕