Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 - Serious Problem With Screen Rotation! (Auto-Rotation On)

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 08:51 PM)
gelic
Journeyman
Options

Ok so what happens is in most of the cases when I rotate the phone, the screen doesn't rotate, it stays the same. And then when I rotate the phone back, only then it rotates, but into the opposite position.

For example: I rotate the phone from potrait to landscape, the screen stays potrait. Then I rotate the phone back to potrait, and the screen goes landscape!

Unbelivably annoying! Sometimes it works well but most of the times it's like that...

How to calibrate the sensor or fix this in any way?

Thanks guys.

5 REPLIES 5
kolsam
Explorer
Options

Try a settings reset.

Settings>>>General Management>>>Reset>>>Reset Settings

If that doesn't work , you could try a soft reset.  Volume down and power button.

AndrewL
Options
@gelic: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy A50. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Sensor' from the series of grey tiles, place the phone on a flat surface and look for 'Gyroscope Sensor', you should see 2 'Gyro Selftest' options. If you proceed with both tests, do you get any 'fail' messages?
thomasgr13
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, the sensors work fine, and at youtube screwn rotation works fine, but at other apps like facebook, playstore, messanger, and the whole software i have this problem, if i restart it fix, but after 1 or 2 week the problem comes back

ozziemose
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem that the screen won't rotate and i've tried this code *#0*# and it tells me that the sensor is working but nothing auto rotates and from what i remember when i got the phone it had a screen rotation button in the menu but now there's nothing the only one i see is when you open a picture and that is a pain to have to push everytime you rotate the phone. Samsung really needs to stop removing stuff that users do use without letting them know before hand so they can find out what the consensors on the decision is.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

You can try a rotation app to fix your issue. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pranavpandey.rotation

This one offers 360° full sensor system override, this allow any screen to be any direction (home screen can be viewed upside down if you holding your device upside down)

Or just forced auto-rotate for how it normally is on android.

Hopefully an official software update will be released soon that addresses your issue.

Screenshot_20200720-013242_Rotation.jpg

0 Likes