Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Problems with call after software update

(Topic created on: 26-03-2021 08:05 AM)
MagicJade
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have recently updated the software on my A50. Now I have Android 11, UI version 3.1. After the update I have noticed that when calling out or receiving calls, I hear strange sounds in my phone. Sometimes after the restart everything works, but then I have the same issue. At the same time, when I am in my car connected via Bluetooth, everything works. Performed some tests found on other topics, and they failed. Tried to test the voice recording, same problem. Any possibility to downgrade to previous version without hard reset to factory settings? Is there any patch going to be available soon to fix it?

Best regards,

Adam

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AsadM
Options

Hi @MagicJade, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with this. Let's try going through the troubleshooting steps on this page to determine what actions you can take to get this sorted: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/#

0 Likes
Brandon224
Apprentice
Options

Hi Adam, 

I recently updated to the new UI a few days ago and am currently experiencing the exact same issue. Crackling noises on voice calls through any calling app, distorted audio on video or voice recordings. Even when using a microphone plugged in through the audio jack, the same distorted audio remains.

I have gone through all resets (safe mode/factory reset etc) as well and nothing has worked - have you managed to find a fix?

Hopefully this issues is able to be resolved with a patch update!

MagicJade
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have done the complete factory reset and it works as before. I am now reinstalling all applications and will carefully look for any Android updates.

Regards,

Adam

0 Likes
K44L
Explorer
Options
did this fix the voice issue as im having the exact same voice problems on the a52
0 Likes
ko ko
Student
Options

phone call app setting

0 Likes
ko ko
Student
Options

phone call app setting restart

0 Likes