Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 01:30 PM)
frog28
Journeyman
Options

For a week now my phone keeps randomly crashing and restarting. Today it locked me out, saying I cant sign in for 24 hours.

Any ideas how to fix?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Check your memory storage if it is maxed out (which I doubt). Use "device care" in settings if you don't.

Check for any firmware updates available while on a high battery level... back up your phone data if you can before doing any software update.
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @frog28. Please try turning your phone off and removing the SIM. After a few seconds put your SIM back into your phone, and turn it back on again. Monitor the problem for a few minutes. If the issue is still there after this, please can you tell us if it's when you're using a certain app or just when you're on your phone in general? 

0 Likes
frog28
Journeyman
Options

How do I remove the sim? the phone seems pretty sealed.

Just in general it happens. Could just be over night when not even being used.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
There would be a sim tool (a metal pin) in the box to gently prod a hole for the sim to pop out. I wouldn't just go and do it if you're not confident as some people put the pin in the wrong hole and end up damaging their earpiece, mic or speaker.

You can check YouTube videos or ask a friend or family member that you trust with tech to do it or pop into your network store for help.
frog28
Journeyman
Options

the 24 hours were up this am, I signed in and it kept saying "phone restarting" then locked me out for 550 minutes. Dont think ill be able to get in to apply any updates. Going to try removing sim card but dont know what to do if that doesnt work.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I am not sure why the phone is locking you out for certain periods of time... that normally happens if you have put the screen lock pin / pattern / password in wrong too many times.

You may need to contact your region Samsung support or if you have a Samsung store near to you that might be a option.
0 Likes