Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A42 5G phone does not make any sound through the built-in speaker

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 08:04 PM)
migueldurano
Apprentice
Options

Hi community, I got a Galaxy A42 5G smartphone, this phone stopped making any sound through the speaker. The phone cannot make any sound, no ringtone, no any sort of notification, no music from any streaming service. Also, when receiving a phone call, the phone does not make any sound, even  I cannot listen to any alarm, I have tried everything but still, I cannot make the phone to produce any sound through the built-in speaker. However, I CAN listen to any music if I use wired or wireless earphones and I can play music through a Bluetooth speaker. It seems that the speaker on the phone is faulty.  Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks. #GalaxyA42

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
When on the samsung members page
Click on diagnostic or the get help button and run a diagnostic test speaker
0 Likes
migueldurano
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, I just made the audio check through the Samsung App and the speaker test fails, I still cannot hear any sound coming from the loud speaker. I can hear sounds through the little ear speaker, it seems there is something wrong with the loud speaker of the phone. Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Likes
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
How old is the phone?
Do you still have warranty On it
If do perhaps contact support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
Due to holidays it may take a few days until office's are open
0 Likes
migueldurano
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

It is over 12 months old, I bought it last year brand new from the Samsung website, I think warranty is 24 months, I'll check with support any time soon. Thanks again

migueldurano
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung support, we ran few tests and they failed on the loud speaker, so it seems there is a fault with this part. As the device is still under warranty they arranged to collect it and send it to the service area to do a thorough check and possibly fix it. The device is with them. Very pleased with the Samsung support service so far. Thanks for your guidance.