Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A34 Contact Notes

(Topic created on: 14-07-2024 03:37 PM)
LucyGreyhound
Apprentice
Options

On my A33 5G under each contact I have a Notes option, on my wife's A34 5G the Notes under each contact does not show. I have looked at various settings and App settings without any success.

Where am I going wrong, or is the Notes option no longer available?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@LucyGreyhound: This could potentially be related to where your partners contacts are stored. With this in mind, please try opening the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap on the bar at the top of the pop-up window, and check the current storage location (as indicated by a number to the right of the relevant option).

Now, tap on Manage contacts > Move contacts, and follow the on-screen instructions. I recommend moving the contacts to your Google account, or to the phone's internal storage. Let me know if this helps. 

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, if you edit the contact then you should see the notes catagory.1720969610238_1720969610227_0.jpg
0 Likes
LucyGreyhound
Apprentice
Options

All her A34 shows is Contact Name, Phone Number and Email Address, whilst my A33 shows a list of options including notes.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you see the view more option?1720971479053_1720971479049_0.jpg
0 Likes
LucyGreyhound
Apprentice
Options

No.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No? Presumably your partner is using Samsung contacts and not a 3rd party app.
It would seem as if the contacts app for the A34 doesn't have all the features mine and yours have then, which is odd considering it's a newer device. Have you checked if there's any updates for the Contacts app in the Galaxy Store. Indeed, ensure her device in general has all its updates. If not, then you (or rather your partner) could ask Samsung for the notes catagory to be added. Use the Support section in the Samsung members app to send feedback. You never know, they may include it in a future update.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@LucyGreyhound: This could potentially be related to where your partners contacts are stored. With this in mind, please try opening the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap on the bar at the top of the pop-up window, and check the current storage location (as indicated by a number to the right of the relevant option).

Now, tap on Manage contacts > Move contacts, and follow the on-screen instructions. I recommend moving the contacts to your Google account, or to the phone's internal storage. Let me know if this helps. 

LucyGreyhound
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your advice Andrew. I compared our phones and whilst my contacts were on the phone my wife's contacts were mainly on the SIM. Had a bit of a scare because when I moved them from the SIM to the phone her other phone numbers disappeared but I managed to import them back from her Google Account.

Once again many thanks for your advice.