Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A40 black screen

(Topic created on: 14-07-2024 02:45 PM)
Members_oSddfsw
First Poster
Options

Hello, my screen stays black when I push the power button of my Samsung Galaxy A40 since yesterday. I have this phone about 2,5 years.

When I tried to activate my phone, the screen stayed black so I went to charge it because I thought the battery must be empty.
When I plugged it in, it gave a sound, which means it was connected.
After 1 hour of charging I tried to use my phone, but the screen stays black.

I then tried to force reboot it pressing the Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
It vibrated so this combination still works, so I think it worked, but again, I see nothing on my screen.
Then I try to restart it by pressing the power button. The phone gives me sound and vibrates when I push the screen when I should enter the code to start it up, but the screen stays black.
Yesterday evening the screen lighted up suddenly when I pressed the power button, I entered the code, everything started up as normal, I thought it would be fixed.
But when the phone went back to sleep, the screen stays black when I try to activate it again.

My phone did not get wet or fell on the ground or anything, this problem came out of nowhere.
Any suggestion on what I can do? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, try to boot to the recovery menu and factory reset the phone

To enter Recovery Mode, you will need to connect to a working PC or laptop via USB, then press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears, then release. Use the volume buttons to navigate to factory reset. Use power button to select. Appreciate that your screen is black but hopefully you will be able to do this.

Note you will lose all data so hopefully you have a backup