Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A33 5G where is Always On Display AOD

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 02:57 PM)
markgw
Student
Options

Just got a new A33 5G and having trouble getting notifications to show when the screen is off.

All the notification settings are the same as my S21

But there appears to be no menu item to turn on AOD on the A33.

Specs show A33 does have / should have AOD but where is it?

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Ivan1985
Student
Options

There is a simple answer for your question... capitalism and marketing. Samsung know what people like, but they have had to produce few new series. So A33 5G and A55 5G are almost the same models, but they find a way how to treat customers to spend more money and buy almost same thing for more money. No notification LED, ok, no AOD...hmmm ok, but no more Samsung in my and family hands. 

Ivan1985
Student
Options

I don't know why Samsung lie to customers that A33 5G don't support AOD? Because if we enable information about charging status on lock display, it will show them whole time during charge... So isn't this AOD, but without clock and notification? Samsung, Samsung, you become funnyest with every new models.

NT Hacker
Apprentice
Options

Bro, I'm crying.
Please let me know
Can we get AOD in the future?
My monthly Income is 25000 Pakistani Rupees
A33 is my first expensive mobile in Pakistan its price is Rs 86000
Plz Understand Always on display is my favorite feature
I have seen my friends using it on old Samsung mobiles like j7 pro a31 a31 a32 

When now I go to sell A33 it price to sell is now price is 56000 Pakistani Rupes

plz Samsung plz update plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz

Ahmed Izzat
First Poster
Options

I dont need aod im not use it 

I need breif pop-up showing when lock screen off

0 Likes
LJackson
Explorer
Options

Hi Andrew (moderator)

I have been doing this "double tap" as you suggest to wake the screen up and show my notifications but its not really making things easier.  Sometimes I need to just be able to glance and see it, not have to touch my screen before I can see it.  Sounds like a small thing but doing that constantly through the day is a real nause!!!  Plus sometimes it doesnt seem to recognise my double tap, so I effectivley have to do another double tap, so 4 taps just to wake the screen up and see my notification! 😞

Are Samsung planning to add Always On Display to this phone?  Please say yes???!!!.  My first Samsung and Im really annoyed im having to constantly sit tapping my screen like a nutter through out the day 😞

TheOwl
Apprentice
Options

My take on this is that the A33 5G is fully compatible with AOD hardware-wise.  It just requires a goodwill software update from Samsung. But Samsung want to differentiate features between models to justify the price differences to A53, A73.  I hope Samsung will prove me wrong on this last point and release the updated software.

AndrewL
Options

@LJackson: I'm sorry to hear that the Double tap to wake feature isn't always as responsive as you'd like. Please be aware that you also have the option of pressing the Power button on the side of the phone to wake the screen, which might remove some of the frustrations surrounding the repeated screen taps. I do understand that the Always On Display would be a useful feature for you and others, however we don't currently have any plans to add it to the A33 5G. 

0 Likes
LJackson
Explorer
Options

Either way its still meaning im having to handle my phone in some way to view the notification.  Just ridiculous in 2023.  Didnt even have to do that 15 years ago!!!

Very dissapointed to hear this will not be resolved.

Members_i1Q174I
First Poster
Options

Real shame this doesn't have the AOD. Absolutely no reason for it not to have it as it has an amoled and same SOC as the A53 which does have it.

Just returned to a Galaxy after buying other brands for years. This makes me feel a bit cheated. What's the point of offering years of updates if Samsung doesn't include simple functions it could easily enable. I will sell the A33 and go back to Pixel's (Google offers an AOD on all models regardless of which end of the price range they are in). 

0 Likes
wirehiker
First Poster
Options

At home we have been owners of a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017), a Galaxy S9, a Tab S4 and a Galaxy A41 all of them with Super AMOLED screen, hence supporting Always On Display. Now, I've just bought a Galaxy A33, used to the binomial Samsung AMOLED - Always On Display I didn't even verify if the function is supported by this model and I've got very disappointed, when I've found that it is NOT 😡. This A33 of mine looks like a dead piece of plastic on my desk or on my night stand, I can NOT find it at night without turning on the light, I can't check how many minutes before Bus departure, I can't just check the time when I wake up at night. It's so annoying and disappointing. I hope that Samsung is going to fix this very annoying problem with the next software update, because,  seen the hardware specs and compared with other Samsung phones the excuse "it's not compatible" does NOT hold 😵! Why do you wanna cripple this phone Samsung 🤔?

0 Likes