Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A33 5G where is Always On Display AOD

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 01:38 AM)
markgw
Student
Options

Just got a new A33 5G and having trouble getting notifications to show when the screen is off.

All the notification settings are the same as my S21

But there appears to be no menu item to turn on AOD on the A33.

Specs show A33 does have / should have AOD but where is it?

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Solution
AshP_
Options

Hi @markgw, the A33 5G doesn't support Always On Display.

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't believe it has AOD
Dzee
First Poster
Options
There is no always on display on the A33 5g .I asked the same question and was told ut may be added later in an update..very disappointing as I always used it.
markgw
Student
Options

Wow!

That's a surprise - I did a lot of thinking before ordering the A33 as a replacement for my wife's 2016 S7

Lots of sources said it did. Might have to return it as there is no way to wake up the phone for alerts / notifications.

Unless I am missing something, it just sits there dumb like until it is woken up.

I know it's not an S series phone but to not have something like this is a real shock.

AndrewL
Options

@markgw: Yes, sadly if you miss the notification sound/vibration then the phone will remain in an idle state until you interact with it. As a potential workaround, please head to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Double tap to turn on screen, and toggle this option on. Now, head to Settings > Lock screen > Notifications > On, and set your preferences from here. I personally have my AOD set to 'Tap to show' so this would give the same effect, albeit with a double tap. 

Hamidrza
Explorer
Options

Thats a joke

In 2022

SUPER AMOLED SCREEEEEEN and one model of phone after a32 hvent always on display

Joel_Redfield364
First Poster
Options

Will it get any update  to adding Always On Display? it has to be, I think. even my galaxy a30 has it. 

Lars-Erik
Explorer
Options

You can set it to vibrate when you pick it up if there are unhandled messages

AWolf24
First Poster
Options

C'mon, where is the Always On Display on the A33 5G phone? It's been some time already. Please, Samsung, don't be like that. It's my first Samsung ever and I don't want to be my last, because I really enjoy it so far. But not without the AOD. Send that update and let's be friends forever.