Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A22 5G dead after latest update!

(Topic created on: 07-12-2023 08:18 PM)
mouters
Student
Options

Honestly I'm at loss for words. My daughter comes up to me this morning and says her phone is dead after the latest update was installed; I think this is the one for December/30 Nov). She has the A22 5G (A226B) and the phone was fully charged (on charge overnight). I've played about with the phone for a bit but the screen is blank and it seems to be dead. I've held the power button, the power button and volume buttons (various combinations) but nothing.

What can I do next?

It seems completely unreasonable that an update provided by Samsung can kill the phone - is there something I can do to get Samsung to cover the repair/replacement? 

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
You sure it's the update?...

MB
0 Likes
mouters
Student
Options

What else could it be? She's honest and I don't think it was dropped in water or anything. Google Family Link said the phone was active an hour before she handed it to me., but its been offline since. I checked it to see if the phone was still responding and maybe it was just the screen.

0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Plug it into the PC. If nothing happens whatsoever, it ain't the update.
Smells a bit jellyfishy...

MB
0 Likes
mouters
Student
Options

No surprises, nothing happed when I plugged it into the laptop, but then nothing happened when I plugged my own phone (switched off) into it except a charging symbol.

Why don't you think it's the update if nothing happens? What would you expect to see?

0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Should be a charging symbol, as that isn't anything to do with firmware AFAIK.

MB
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mouters I'd suggest to arrange to take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store to be assessed. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Muniss
First Poster
Options

Hope you believed her. I had 2 samsung A22 phones. Both stopped working after software update. One keeps restarting and doesn't  go past the Samsung page. The other can't go past the restarting phone page. Both after a software update.

0 Likes
mouters
Student
Options

Yeah I believed her. But I didn't take it to a Samsung shop. Instead I decided to ditch the Samsung brand and gave her my old Pixel phone. Its older but has been working without fault. Samsung never again

0 Likes