Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A20s - cant switch any app from phone storage to sd card

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 10:13 AM)
ernie19
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

just got a new A20s.  Trying to swich some of my aps to an sd card to save space.  Seen various help notes and videos which detail how to do it on a A20s.  Basically select app - click storage - tells you whether its on internal or external storage - click the change button (if highlighted) to switch.  Basic problem is no change button appears at all and no details as to where the app is stored.  Other than that the screen looks the same as on the videos.  Imrunning android 10- is this not an option that is available anymore ??If sois there any way I can swich some of the less important apps to the sd card (I know they are unreliable running from an sd card).   Have tried a new sd card formatted by the phone

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unless the apps are written to allow use of SD card, you cannot move them.
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
try Settings, About Device, Software Information. Tap 7 times on Build Number. This will unlock Developer Options.
Once enabled Developer Options go to “Force allow apps on external” that should work. Good luck.
ernie19
Apprentice
Options

Hi SirStottalot - unlocked developer options and activated 'force allow appson external' that went fine but still do not see any option to change storage location .  Have attached a photo of the screen I get when I click on 'storage'for the app.I know this app can be loaded on an sd card as I ran it from the sd card in my previous phone.  Is itpossible that samsung have removed this option on the latest software version ??Screenshot_20210109-145200_Settings.jpg

SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
Dependant on the app, some developers just don't allow it to stored on sd cards. It's a case of moving what you can. If none of your apps move at all then unfortunately I don't know what to suggest.
0 Likes
ernie19
Apprentice
Options

Hi - thanks for your help.   I suspect its down to the software version rather than the app.  From what I have read / seen if the app is one that cannot be moved then the 'change' button still appears but is not highlighted so the app cannot be moved.  When the app can be moved the 'change'button is highlighted and the switch to the sd card can be made.  On my phone no change button appears at all - highlighted or not - so I supect this option is not available in my software version.

thanks any how.

Bryll
First Poster
Options

It didn't work😭

0 Likes