Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A20e Won't upload video from some apps

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 10:33 AM)
bigblueamazon
Explorer
Options

Desperately need an answer as I bought this phone new last month, to use for work (UX testing) 😪

Issue: I use 2 apps (separately at different times) that record my screen for uploading to the companies that view the recordings. While using App #1, I frequently see error messages saying that the internet connection has been lost (home broadband) so I tap on Retry, and can usually get through the rest of the task I need to do. However, at the end of the task when the app uploads the file to the remote server, the internet connection is frequently lost and every time I Retry, the upload progress gets slower and slower and I eventually give up as a 5-min video* still hasn't uploaded after 30 mins. (When using App #2, it's worse in that the video upload won't work at all.) When App #1 is trying to upload, it eats my A20e's battery power like a horse and slows down my broadband connection so much that it's impossible for any other device in my home to use the internet. *The video files are not saved to my phone's card (I think they must be temporary files kept within the app until it is closed) so I can't upload them any other way.

I have contacted the software developer for App #1 and they insist it's not their app at fault. I spoke with a techie from Samsung a couple of weeks ago and went through all of his suggestions (including a cache partition wipe) but he couldn't come up with an answer, so I'm hoping someone on here knows exactly what the problem is.

I can upload files over 5MB via email with no drop-outs, and likewise the phone has no problem streaming for hours. 

After years of buying Samsung phones, this is the first major issue I've had that has effectively stopped me from earning money, so it's a really big problem. 

Many thanks to anyone who can help🤞

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
bigblueamazon
Explorer
Options

Is there a way to remove a topic I have started? After my last post on here, the whole thread disappeared and I couldn't view it (hence why I started a new thread) but have now found it's still here. Very weird! 

0 Likes