Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a12

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 06:03 PM)
lispud
Apprentice
Options
My galaxy a12 doesn't seem to receive all text messages(normal texts) plus doesn't want to send texts. I only get texts from some people and not other. Any help? Plus when I go to send a text and click contacts, some numbers have little blue dots next to them?! 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@lispud: Regarding the blue dot next to your contacts, this indicates that that they are able to send and receive messages in Chat mode. This may be what's interfering with your ability to send texts to certain contacts, therefore please head to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Settings > Select Default Messaging Type > Automatic > Resend Undelivered Chats > Send by SMS/MMS instead. 

Messages that exceed 150 characters, or contain images, will convert to MMS format which requires Mobile Data to be active in order to send and receive them. With this in mind, please try enabling Mobile Data to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
lispud
Apprentice
Options
OK I shall try that.
I've just texted my son phone he received the text but I came through as a completely different phone number? it was my text but not my number, any ideas?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@lispud: Again, this may be related to the Chat Settings. Does he have a blue dot next to his name in your Contacts? Try temporarily disabling chat via Messages > 3 dots > Settings > Chat Settings > Advanced Calling and Messaging > Off, then send another text to your son to see if the issue persists. 

0 Likes
lispud
Apprentice
Options
OK let me give this a try thank you. yes got the blue dot next to my sons name
lispud
Apprentice
Options
still not having much luck. thank you for your help appreciated it. I will play about and maybe contact ee or Samsung tomorrow
0 Likes