Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A12 overheats while charging

(Topic created on: 09-04-2023 10:36 AM)
Harjotsingh
Navigator
Options
 My Galaxy has a recently has heated while charging. I've asked Samsung support 3 times and they told me the same thing, I need help what shall I do? 

Thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Harjotsingh
Navigator
Options
It overheats where the screen is on the chipset
0 Likes
jsdurmus
Apprentice
Options

If your Samsung Galaxy device has been heating up while charging, and you have contacted Samsung support multiple times with no resolution, here are some steps you can take:

1. Check your charging accessories: Make sure you are using original and genuine charging accessories provided by Samsung. Using third-party or counterfeit chargers or cables can cause overheating issues.

2. Verify your charging environment: Ensure that you are charging your device in a well-ventilated and cool area. Charging your device on soft surfaces like beds, pillows, or couches can obstruct the airflow and cause overheating.

3. Avoid overcharging: Overcharging your device for extended periods of time can cause excessive heat generation. Once your device is fully charged, unplug it from the charger to prevent overheating.

4. Update your device software: Make sure your Samsung Galaxy device is running the latest software version. Software updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve overheating issues.

5. Monitor your device usage: Avoid using your device heavily while it's charging, as this can cause additional heat generation. Limit resource-intensive activities such as gaming or video streaming while your device is charging.

6. Perform a factory reset: If the issue persists, you may need to perform a factory reset on your device to eliminate any software-related problems. However, be sure to backup your important data before proceeding with a factory reset, as it will erase all data on your device.

7. Contact Samsung support again: If you have already contacted Samsung support multiple times and the issue persists, you may need to reach out to them again and provide them with detailed information about the overheating issue, including any error messages or specific scenarios in which it occurs. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting steps or arrange for a repair or replacement if your device is still under warranty.

8. Consider seeking professional help: If the issue persists and your device is no longer under warranty, you may need to consider seeking professional help from a Samsung authorized service center or a qualified technician who can diagnose and repair the issue.

It's important to address the overheating issue promptly, as prolonged overheating can potentially cause damage to your device and pose a safety risk. Taking the above steps can help you troubleshoot the issue, and if needed, seek further assistance from Samsung or a qualified technician.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Harjotsingh: What were you advised when you reached out to our Help Desk? When your device overheats, do you get any error messages or notifications? 

It is normal for your device to heat up slightly as is charges. If you remove it from the charger, does it cool down? Are you using the phone while its connected to the charger and, if so, are you running any power intensive apps such as games or streaming services? If you have a case or cover on the device, have you tried removing it to see if you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
Harjotsingh
Navigator
Options
No messages
0 Likes