Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A12 One UI Core - No Onedrive Gallery Sync Option

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 05:26 PM)
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

I've just picked up an A12 for work and finished setting up, but there's no option in Gallery settings to sync to Onedrive. Is this a feature thats missing from Onu UI Core? I haven't used this stripped down version before but that seems like a strange option to leave out! Or have I missed something during set up? I'm signed into Onedrive, Samsung account and Cloud, got all sync options turned on for cloud but just no option whatsoever in Gallery for Onedrive sync!

Any help sincerely appreciated!
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Darren22
Voyager
Options
you should see cloud sync im using A51 5G

20210308_172539.jpg

0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
have downloaded the one drive app onto the phone.
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Thanks Darren, yes I have the onedrive app downloaded. I use the onedrive sync on my S21 Ultra and my wife's A71, this is the first Samsung phone I've had in recent times where the one drive sync is missing. The only thing I can think that's different is that the A12 is running OneUI Core rather than the full version but even so it seems like a very strange option to leave out! Thanks for your suggestion!
0 Likes
LeeE76
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I've discovered that I've got the same issue. What have you done to overcome this? I've tried to see if there is a way of doing it on the phone but the "Gallery Sync" that is on the Settings screen in the OneDrive app doesn't do anything...  

0 Likes
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Hi Lee, I haven't been able to sort it yet but it seems its wider reaching than just my device! I've been in touch with Samsung support but they can't help either. I'm still researching though because I recommended the phone to my dad before I knew about this problem and he's now in the same boat! I'll update if I manage to get an answer.
0 Likes
LeeE76
Journeyman
Options

OK, that would be much appreciated, as I'd also researched this phone and 3 of us have one in the family! It doesn't make sense for Samsung to not include this function when they've supposedly developed a partnership with Microsoft if the articles online are true. I don't want to start paying Google Photos when we've already got Microsoft 365 and OneDrives...

Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Lee, did you set your phone up from a previous backup (settings etc)? My Dad is now saying that his photos are uploading to onedrive even though the settings option isn't there. He set his up from scratch while I restored my settings from a past backup. I'm just wondering if there's a settings clash somewhere which is causing the sync to not work properly.
0 Likes
LeeE76
Journeyman
Options
I did use Samsung Smart Switch and the majority of things transferred over, although i seem to remember having to add the Microsoft apps. When I get some time I might try to uninstall and reinstall OneDrive and see what happens...
0 Likes
Solution
LeeE76
Journeyman
Options

OK, so now I've had a bit of time to sit down and see what I could do, and hey presto! After hunting around, no doubt like you have, I came across yet more settings that I'd never thought of. Go to Settings > Accounts and backup > Samsung Cloud > 3 dots > Settings > Samsung Account > Linked Accounts. I had OneDrive linked, so for an experiment I unlinked it, and lo and behold, now the Camera Upload link in OneDrive works, asked me to confirm my Microsoft Account, and off to sync we go! First time I can remember actually getting to the bottom of something to do with these darn devices! Good luck to everyone else who has the same issue!