Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of your bugs have been fixed?

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 11:17 AM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
What bugs have you reported that have been fixed?
I'm not interested in a changelog... But actual user reported bugs that have been fixed.

I'm at 2, maybe 3, out of 15 fixed. It seems troubling, because by this point I would have expected more fixed based on updates last year.

Things fixed for me:
  • Inconsistent "back" action in settings app - now works much better and as intended. 
  • Clock app icon not showing correct time - seems to have been fixed, or I've just not spotted it being the wrong time
  • Moving an email, the background and text were white so folder names couldn't be read - I haven't had it happen on the latest beta, but it was intermittent when it happened. 

There's a few others I still need to report too, just keep missing the opportunity to screenshot. 

Writing this reminded me of another - the changes I make using the edge touch app don't hang around and it reverts back to the default sensitivity zones. An example of why that's an issue: using the members app to post this post, where I rest my index finger at the top right side of my S20+ 5G, I managed to press the "post" button 🤦‍♂️. That happens a lot in many apps. 
5 REPLIES 5
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options
Battery life is better. Beta 2 was the worse. That update was heavy on my battery. I've got 1 day and 8 hours with 5 and half hours screen on time before it needed charging again using Beta 4
Galaxy S20+ G986B/DS Enterprise Edition (EE) Unlocked "UI 2.5"
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Which device? I'm on the S20+ 5G, and this is my usage today.
4h 53m screen in time, 15h 11m since last full charge. Had gotten down to 1%.
I get an insane dropoff in the final 15%, as you can see at the end of the screenshot. that happened occasionally on Android 10 too though.

Screenshot_20201116-231559_Device care_32725.jpg

0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

Thank you for sharing this information with us :). If you still notice any issues, please report them via the Members application.

The errors which appeared on Beta in different countries (UK, Germany, Poland) and were the most reported by users were fixed in the latest update. Below you can find the list of errors that were resolved in the latest (ZTKA) update:
- On the Wi-fi list of scanned networks, only wi-fi icon is displayed (without the network name). Also on notification bar Wi-Fi icon and mobile data (+3G/+4G) are displayed together.
- Samsung Internet browser closes immediately after being launched.
- Samsung keyboard does not appear.
- Even though device is connected to the Wi-Fi network, it is not displayed as such in Settings.
- A message that IMS Service has stopped keeps appearing (even when device is left idle).
- Network error appears when receiving MMS
- Fixed other minor errors.

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@MartynaK I have reported them all on the memebrs app, that's how I kept track of what I'd logged. 

But only a small number have been fixed after 3 betas now, it doesn't leave much faith in that process. 

0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

Not all fixed errors are added to the update immediately after fixing them. Improvements are added successively, in smaller amounts (the most serious and the most common first + minor ones, which have a small risk that something unexpected will happen).

Adding everything that is fixed right away is risky, because if any of the fixed errors has negative side effects, it will be harder to find the source of the problem, and the cumulative negative effects can be even more problematic 😥.

Therefore, new software updates are released more frequently but they are smaller (containing a smaller number of fixes) than one big update, with all the fixes included.

Also, many changes require prior testing, so if the error is not critical it may take some time to add it to the software.

That's why sending error reports is always useful and it helps developers to be aware of issues, even if all the improvements cannot be introduced at once 😊.

0 Likes