Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera app lag

(Topic created on: 15-12-2020 07:54 PM)
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
Weird question but does the frame rate suppose to drop significantly in photo and video mode in low light? I've noticed this since I first got this phone on OneUI 1.0 and it's still present to this day. Goes from full 60 frames to like 10 maybe 15 if I'm lucky.

Is it optimization issues or something else? Let me know what you think and if you get it as well.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@CODEdragonCal,

In general, the device should adapt itself to the appropriate conditions, so it is worth having the "Scene optimizer" option turned on. And if there is very little light, I recommend even switching your camera to Night Mode.

If despite setting those options you still notice the huge frame rate drops, it is worth reporting the issue via the Members app.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@CODEdragonCal,

In general, the device should adapt itself to the appropriate conditions, so it is worth having the "Scene optimizer" option turned on. And if there is very little light, I recommend even switching your camera to Night Mode.

If despite setting those options you still notice the huge frame rate drops, it is worth reporting the issue via the Members app.

Andy3
Voyager
Options
hmm I have no clue why your using a frame rate counter in camera app bit I don't have any frame rate drops. Also plz rember some camera settings are set to 30fps
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Scene optimiser in my experience is poor.
0 Likes