Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta team not understanding

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 05:57 PM)
Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options

Regarding my frequent error report relating to the double tapping on Always on display clock to bring up brightness toggle. I understand that you no longer get the toggle only the cog icon which when pressed will bring up toggle slider. My issue is, and has been since beta started, that double tapping the always on display clock just takes me to my lock screen.
Every reply just mentions that the toggle is removed and only the cog appears. Well it doesn't for me, an issue I've been trying to report constantly. Is anyone else having this problem because I can't believe I'm the only one who is. None of the answers I've had seems to understand the point I'm making. As I said double tapping only takes me to my lock screen.

10 REPLIES 10
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options

I have just tested this on my S10+, when I double tap on the AOD clock I get a settings cog appear where the AOD notifications display. If I double tap this, it prompts me to unlock my phone which then opens up AOD settings...does this answer your query?

0 Likes
Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah that's what beta team tells me should happen but unfortunately not happening for me
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options
Yeah, same for me.
0 Likes
AlxVII
Pioneer
Options
I tried it and after double tapping on the clock it shows the settings and the slider cog next to it, only if you press on the cog it will give you a slider for brightness, if you press on the settings icon it will take you to look screen.
I hope it works for you!
AlxVII
Pioneer
Options
I think it's only you with this issue that double tapping doesn't show the settings and the slider cog and takes you to the lock screen, bad bug though.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

My experience is the same as @AlxVII 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Graykenhill I'm not sure why they'd tell you the brightness toggle has been removed, because its certainly still there for me if I turn off auto brightness for AOD.

Perhaps @TomaszT can liaise and clarify? 

0 Likes
Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options
They've said it's still there but only after you've pressed the cog icon after double tapping. My problem being even after double tapping I don't get the cog icon just straight to my lock screen
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Graykenhill 

I am personally monitoring that case and am in touch with the development team.

So they are aware of the exact problem now for sure :winking-face: