Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pocket flashligth - torch

(Topic created on: 16-01-2024 09:53 AM)
michelr
Journeyman
Options

Coming from a Motorola I'm so missing the build-in shake to turn on the flashlight. Most existing apps don't turn on the light with 100% brightness because the didn't write it for Android 13+. And most apps can turn the light on while you have it in your pocket or are missing the time-out for saving the battery in misfires!

Even writing a big letter "V" on the  always-on and/or lockscreen should be a nice future to turn on the flashlight for an max preset  of time.  To take out false trigger the phone should not be in your pocket, so tilted in the right position.

We can't even add a torch-button on the lock-screen.

Only the double power tap could be linked to the flashlight, though it will wear out the mechanical button and it doesn't seem to have a pocket-detection of time-out to protect misfires.

Some of these things seems to be possible in Android 13+, but not the Samsung version 😞

The proximity sensor on the Galaxy doesn't see your pocket! Only direct skin-touch!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you edit the lock screen, and tap on the icon at the bottom left/right, you can select torch as one of the apps.

Screenshot_20240116_105225_Wallpaper and style.jpg

michelr
Journeyman
Options

Thanks.

That's a solution until I can find something that is working from the always-on screen, like a shake of "v"-drawing. So I don't always have to unlock to have a torch.

Is there a time-out setting to protect the battery?

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

To use torch on lock screen, you don't have to unlock the phone.

I am not sure if there is any timeout setting for the torch.

michelr
Journeyman
Options

Well, I mend double click the always on screen and look to the screen to finally turn on the light. To many things to light the torch several times each day:(

I would love to find the shake with full brightness, time-out and pocket detection...

0 Likes