Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay not working - December 2021 - NO BETA

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 11:18 AM)
Members_Snuk6uZ
Student
Options

Hi,

I just updated my S21 with the December update and now Google Pay does not work, "Your phone doesn't meet software standards" it complains that i may be rooted or running unciertified software.

I never installed beta firmware, it is running latest update with 1 Decembmer 2021 security patch level.

22 REPLIES 22
BertHomyard
First Poster
Options
Same issue here, really frustrating when you've gotten used to Google Pay as your main payment method. Looks like I'm gonna have to get onto Samsung's back about it too!
0 Likes
scoobydd
First Poster
Options
Same issue here. Spoke with Google support and was told to contact Samsung. How can something so idiotic happen?

Can we please have a fix asap? Or some acknowledgment that you've made a mistake and it'll be resolved?
0 Likes
gamebox-arty
First Poster
Options

Same here. Google Play stopped working today after upgrade to Android 12. Google's support suggested to contact device manufacturer. Samsung's support suggested to wait for a couple of days in a hope that this issue would resolve itself.

0 Likes
Shane_NZ
First Poster
Options

Don't really have anything more to add, except I've got the same problem and just want to add my voice to the chorus. Come on Samsung, fix this!

0 Likes
thrillseeeker
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, it just popped up on my phone just now. Please fix!!!!

0 Likes
BronekS
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Yesterday it was fine and this morning "Your phone doesn't meet software standards" .
Updated to Android 12 few days ago, so I'm not sure if that's the culprit.

0 Likes
Members_UcE923H
First Poster
Options

Same problem here after last update.

0 Likes
BronekS
First Poster
Options

The issue could be also caused by the recent Google Pay update, which was released on Dec., 7th

0 Likes
scoobydd
First Poster
Options
My issue resolved itself overnight, I didn't see any updates. Perhaps something was subtly pushed to resolve it.
0 Likes
Members_Snuk6uZ
Student
Options

Somehow the issue is also fixed for me now, without any kind of update.

0 Likes