Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Windows security updates not installing

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 12:49 PM)
bes4
Apprentice
Options

Win 8.1 security update is failing to install.

(KB4535680)

800F0922 error

This is not a Samsung problem as it's occurring on many different machines.

However, that doesn't solve the problem.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Not sure what you're asking, but Windows is a Microsoft product and so has nothing to do with Samsung.
0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
bes4
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.

I think this is too complicated for me.

It not all updates that are failing just certain ones.

2021-01 Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB4535680)

Installation date: ‎22-‎Apr-‎21 8:02 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800F0922

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4535680

Help and Support:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4535680

I have looked at the support and it tells me to contact the manufacturer which is Samsung.

They passed me to digicare.ltd who want me to send the machine to them which means I will loose the machine for 10 days and probably be charged.

Thanks Brian

Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You can actually ignore this update not installing. It won't stop your PC from working. What it is for is the EFI capsule to remove secure boot certificates that are years old and have been leaked. The reason it says contact the OEM is because an OEM can lock the EFI capsule to prevent it being tampered with. What does this mean for you? Don't be worried about compromised security because it hasn't been. You don't need to send it off for repair, just ignore the error.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4535680

From the list of offline installers, click the one that corresponds with your system. Make sure to remove the failed installation first.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That may still not work but is worth a try. The error is a write error code
0 Likes
bes4
Apprentice
Options

OK.

0 Likes
bes4
Apprentice
Options

Hi

This is an old problem that has not been solved.

My computer runs ok but when I let windows shutdown and turn it off, when I switch it on again it takes as long as 30 minutes for it to start.

It says couldn't install updates and then removes them.

It is very frustrating if I need to look at something quickly and I can't

!!!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You could actually upgrade to Windows 10 free of charge from 8.1 which should mitigate this issue but the best way is to clean install rather than attempt an in-place upgrade. If you choose to try this, backup your important files first to external storage
0 Likes