Did you mean: 

Scams

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 08:56 AM)
gatsby
Apprentice
Options
I've tried to believe in Samsung, .
My problem is I'm scammed every day .
They dont get away with it ! However when I do a security scan , all comes back as normal ! I've been accused of my national insurance number used for money laundering, Microsoft refund , ( I dont have a computer ! ) I've been told police will turn up at my door ! If I dont pay a fine ! Surely if samsung truly respect their customers , why can they not protect me ? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
DaveyG80
Explorer
Options
These scam attempts are probably due to you entering details on dodgy websites not samsungs fault
gatsby
Apprentice
Options
I thought that ! But only filled personal details on home shopping Amazon etc .and latest public cencor. So definitely a samsung lack of security.
After looking up phone security, I'm now inundated with new phone security messages ! I appreciate you support Samsung, however as an ***** paralysed 68 year old man , I cant imagine I've looked , or indeed logged into a dodgy sight !
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I'm No Samsung fanboy but it's not definitely Samsung, I read somewhere last week that a censor scam was going about, maybe you fell victim to this scam.
0 Likes
gatsby
Apprentice
Options
Maybe , no arguments , I just feel as a subscriber. The minimum amount of protection should be afforded to us all . Stay safe during these difficult times.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
You stay safe too.
Also I've had a Samsung device from the Samsung toco days & have never had my details leaked.
Once again I'm no Samsung fanboy.
I also own a oneplus phone & they have leaked millions of peoples details twice, so I'll call them out if need be.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
All you can really do is install and use a full security suite. If you are a BT broadband customer you can get Mcafee Mobile security free (and a copy of the full PC version too to protect another device) from your BT account page. Samsung don't provide anything other than an application scanner, there's no phishing detection or email scanner built in to their device health security checker.
0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
Get Hiya from the app store,
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
These scammers are getting more devious and cunning and resolved all the time gatsby. Lockdown has been a godsend to the worthless parasites. Samsung does have a good security record and they are constantly looking to improve their devices and doing as much as they can to protect their customers to be fair to them. I am naturally a careful cautious person but I recently had my Facebook account hacked when I opened a message from a friend who told me they had found a video with me in it. I clicked on to the message and was told to verify who I was first. I just didn't think and gave my email address and password only to find myself in a scam promotion to download crappy games with a promise of a new iPhone waiting for me if I made any in app purchases in these games. My heart sunk as I knew I had been taken for a ride. All my Facebook contacts then received the same seen you in a video ***** from me within 10 minutes of my mistake.
I know exactly how angry and frustrated you must feel out there gatsby and it was kind of you to cut through this and wish others well out there in this jungle of a technological world we live in. I hope these vultures don't get you down too much mate. You are wise to them and this will keep you safe hopefully whereas many good people fall prey to them every day and can lose a lot of money which must be so awful for them. Good luck and happy hassle free web surfing to you gatsby. 👍👍
0 Likes
gatsby
Apprentice
Options
Thanks buddy , just spoke to samsung directly.
They were so helpful!
I gave them all the scammers numbers and messages . Unbelievable customer service! Superb so pleased I dont feel I need to jump into the, Iphone herd! 👍