Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung RV520 laptop bios issues

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 12:42 AM)
ZiePaw
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I've got a Samsung RV520 laptop which was running absolutely fine using dual boot with ubuntu and windows 10. I've decided to change my setup and keep only windows 10. I've formatted my drive (ssd) and wanted to install a fresh copy of windows 10 on it. After windows installer finished copying files it has rebooted and then somehow got stuck in a bootloop. It will now not allow me to enter bios by pressing F2  but instead goes straight into bootloop. if you will switch my laptop completely off and then turn it on, it will boot, but only from usb stick but then it will get stuck in a bootloop again after restart. I've tried running my laptop with different hdd's and ssd's. I've also tried turning it on with no drive present.  I've even taken my laptop apart to take cmos battery out and possibly reset bios to default settings but nothing has made any difference.

I'm suspecting that my bios got damaged somehow. Is there any way i could overwrite/ upgrade my bios?

My exact laptop's model: NP-RV520-A07UK

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ZiePaw
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

Thank you for your answer but none of these F2 keys would work. I've managed to upgrade my bios. This has solved my issue and everything is working absolutely fine now.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
Try holding F2, F8 or F12 down when you power on the laptop. Then you should be able to change the boot up drive. Ps I'm no expert but this did work for my PC.

Failing that, you'll need an expert help or book a repair. Good luck 👍
0 Likes
Solution
ZiePaw
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

Thank you for your answer but none of these F2 keys would work. I've managed to upgrade my bios. This has solved my issue and everything is working absolutely fine now.

John Davies
First Poster
Options

Do you have the drivers for Windows 10 for the in built camera? Or the name so I can download. Everything I have tried so far, no joy. Thanks

0 Likes
ZiePaw
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I don't have this laptop any more but from what i can remember I've used iobit driver booster to download and install all missing drivers for me.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Likes
Paul154
Student
Options

Hi ZiePaw I have a similar problem 

But on my laptop I upgraded to Windows 11 , I didn't like it so I returned back to Windows 10 but after that my F2 key doesn't work can I just ask can you remember how you got the bios working . Thank you in advance

0 Likes
ZiePaw
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I've just upgraded bios from windows. This has solved all my issues.

0 Likes