Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung LC27JG50QQUXEN - Horizontal Lines

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 03:08 PM)
Knaj
Student
Options

I have 2 Samsung LC27JG50QQUXEN monitors and have had horizontal lines appearing on one of them on startup for a while. After going on holiday for a week recently I came back and this issue had gotten much worse - covering most the screen.

I know this is a fairly common issue with this series of monitors from the many people who have complained about this online. It seems after a while of warming up the issue goes away. Is there a fix for this yet whether it be software or changing a component inside? I do not have a warranty as I have owned the monitor for a couple of years now. Would be willing to try to fix myself.

On a side note both monitors stopped auto sleeping quite early on in the time I bought them, so whenever I turn my PC off the screens do not go off, I have to manually turn them off.

Help would be appreciated, thanks

Kind regards,

Kian

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Found this page
That maybe helpful to you

Lines on the Samsung monitor

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111360/
0 Likes
Knaj
Student
Options

Hi Steve,

This seems to be a general problem with this series of monitors from the previous complaints i have come across. I had previously tested cables etc but that made no difference - lines would still be there regardless so nothing to do with inputs.

SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

ya its a common problem, tho Samsung will not take responsibility for it, the monitors are made to only last 1-3 years

0 Likes
Toddimus
First Poster
Options

I have had this issue ever since purchasing it new, in fact returned for same brand new model.

I have come to learn from dealing with this and similar Samsung monitors working in IT support and Desktop Services that is has to do with the monitors affected by cold, 50-40 degrees.  The colder the room is and the longer you are away will affect the monitor.  This is a design flaw by Samsung which they should have recalled these monitors and given us something else, but it seems they either do not care or not listening.

There is no software fix for this, all you can do is allow the monitor to warm up, depending on how cold it is, may take anywhere from 20-30 minutes before all the lines are gone.  My monitor recently was in cold office over new years, model # lc32jg50qqnxza   

It took 45 minutes for the monitor to come back to normal and was completely useless.

Hopefully Samsung does something about this in the future- I keep buying Samsung products mostly due to saving money, but so far every single product has had screen issues, from monitors, to tablets, and warranty's only cover about 4 repairs and they never really fixed the issue, it always returns.

The only permanent solution really is to buy a new monitor.

To speed up the process of warming up your monitor I recommend a hair dryer.

0 Likes
Toddimus
First Poster
Options

All of our Samsung monitors at the office did this right out of the box brand new. It has to do with the cold affecting it.

I have come to learn from dealing with this and similar Samsung monitors working in IT support and Desktop Services that is has to do with the monitors affected by cold, 50-40 degrees.  The colder the room is and the longer you are away will affect the monitor.  This is a design flaw by Samsung which they should have recalled these monitors and given us something else, but it seems they either do not care or not listening.

0 Likes