Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 15.6" or Samsung Tab S8 Ultra 14.6"

(Topic created on: 25-03-2022 04:25 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Gave up on the Tab S8 Ultra after no updates for 4 weeks from Samsung , 5hen it arrives today. Two days ago i ordered the Book2 360, due for delivery 2nd April.

So looking for thoughts on anyone who has preferred one over the other, appreciate for me and others it is purely in a Samsung Experience Store for the Book2.

I love the flexibility of the tablet, but find I always grab a laptop for certain things, work and personal, but not keen on th Windows touch screen Experience based on owning a Dell 2in1 was horrendous and the battery was dire.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
I have no experience of the Book, but was definitely tempted to get one as a backup to run Windows programs if ever I needed. But for everyday use the tablet leaves me wanting for nothing, it does everything. I understand the feeling of reaching for a desktop or laptop but that went away for me after a few weeks, getting the Samsung DeX setup just the way I want it. With the right monitor, Bixby Routines set to connect automatically to Bluetooth mouse and keyboard as soon as the tablet is in DeX mode, it becomes as easy as plug and play. One second I'm writing with the S-Pen on tablet, the next second an email comes in and I need to type on a keyboard it's as simple as just sliding the tablet next to the monitor, plug in the USB C and sit down, boom I'm on DeX getting admin tasks sorted.

Like I said only reason I still am tempted to get a Book as backup is because Android doesn't have everything on its platform and sometimes there are some Windows programs that would be simpler to use on that platform. But other than that the tablet really is a 2-in-1 machine.

I guess the Book is also a 2-in-1 ?machine and it just depends on whether your favourite programs run smoother on Android or Windows.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I already have a 43" and 32", M70A Samsung USB C monitors, one with a hub the other has enough ports to mean at home we can all share the monitor, logitech mouse and keyboard and NO CHARGING CABLES. I can seamlesslly connect my Fold3 or TabS7+ and familt their Flip3 and Tab S6, all using the same peripherals. Even better my laptop and my wife's also connect the same, albeit my laptop does need its own power connected.

All in all for home and and parents house for home working a sleek and simple solution, BUT there is that 20% i need a proper laptop when in WebEx Meetings and trying to chair and present or more detailed MS Excel or SharePoint work.

I will try the Book2 360, but feel it will be a super laptop, but a poor hopeless UI in tablet mode.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Very similar setup here too, M70A 43 inch, TabS7+ and Flip3. The only risk I run is, if the S7 ever failed, my daily routine would be done for! so maybe that's a (flimsy) excuse to keep the Book handy as backup.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nice, annoying in the US I think the freebie with the Book2 is an Odyssey monitor

Cliffg
Voyager
Options
Yes in US a good promotion whilst in UK we get offered Buds again. The trade in offers are crazy as well $300 for a Galaxy watch for example.
0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I am looking forward to reviews comparing the Book Pro 2 to Tab S8 Ultra. The advantages depend on what you are using for. If you are an artist and what to make full use of the pen the Tab will be best. For watching media the Tab S8 will be better due to the screen. However if you want to run Windows programs like Photoshop, Lightroom and big spreadsheets and connect ton3 monitors the Book will be best. Reviews are saying that whatever you do on the Book will cause fan to run.
0 Likes