Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G9 Neo Lines?

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 04:46 AM)
SeeonX
First Poster
Options

Howdy! 

I just got the Samsung G9 Neo. I have it plugged into the Display Port 1.4 cable that came with it. It's plugged into an RX 5700 XT

Which is DisplayPort 1.4 with DSC 1.2a. With 120hz AND FreeSync Premium Pro on I do not have any issues. Monitor looks amazing. If I switch to 240hz, or disable Freesync Premium at any hz settings the display's picture has this lines.  It's very hard to capture with a picture: Imgur: The magic of the Internet Second picture shows the lines if you look at the Edge icon. 

What I would like to know is what is going on here? Is this how the monitor is? Is this called scan lines or another issue? Samsungs web site reports scan lines in an image as gray vertical bars but that isn't it. They look like very faint lines lines like the pixel row is lowered or off.  

Thank you. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
jak4
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem on a 3080, DP etc. Lines appear sometimes at 240hz. It looks like every second row of pixels is missing. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

What resolution are you running? Are your GPU drivers up to date too? 

0 Likes
BuyukBang
First Poster
Options

This is known as "scanlines issue" and all 240hz Samsung monitors are plagued with it. You can search it in the internet and you will see tones of reports. There is no single unit not having this issue.

At 240Hz or at 120Hz VRR enabled you will have it on desktop environment. On games there is no scanlines problem on 240hz or VRR, idk why.

0 Likes
BuyukBang
First Poster
Options

What I do is switching off VRR option from monitor menu and switching 240Hz from nvidia panel when playing  games and 120Hz when not playing games.

0 Likes
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

They will only get worse over time, mine started as only a small issue, now i have a monitor that only half works after only a couple years, i would try to send it back if i were you

0 Likes
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

This is my exact issue as well, did Samsung offer you any solutions?

0 Likes
qu37zal
Student
Options

Games have the issue for me, Fortnite is particularly bad on any shade of blue.  Mixed colors are less bad.  Turning off vrr and setting 120Hz is the only acceptable combo of settings on my build.

roboito888
First Poster
Options

At 120 Hz, I had those lines as well...turning off VRR in the monitor settings cured it.
Thanks qu37zal!

0 Likes