Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Evo 64gb micro-SD Unable to Format.

(Topic created on: 31-05-2017 02:58 PM)
Thomasww615
Pioneer
Options

diskpart.PNGHi everyone,

Before I start I should say I should probably post this on the Microsoft forums as well but I want to post it here first.

I have a 64gb Samsung evo Micro-SD card and have had it for a few years, recently my Samsung Galaxy S7 stopped detecting the SD card, after many restarts, I plugged the  SD card into my PC and it said I needed to format it before I was able to use it. I was a bit confused at first but seen as though I don't have very much important data on it at all I decided to go ahead with the format. After about 5 minutes of the format bar not moving it said windows was unable to format, after have a bit of knowledge about computers this means that it is most likely corrupt so I tried something else, I went on to CMD (Admin) and went onto my sd and did the chkdsk command but my hope was short lived after about 10 seconds later I get an error saying something along the lines of "unable to run chkdsk because the file type is raw", I tried another option which is to use disk managment which said it worked to format but when I tried to allocate it a primary partition it said "data error (cyclic redundancy check)." so I tried the last thing I could think of the command DISKPART so I selected the sd card which was drive 3 and then typed command CLEAR but after a minute or so I get the same error which is "data error (cyclic redundancy check)". I tried it again this time with CLEAR ALL command but met with the same error message.

Can anyone please help me be able to format my micro sd card I am not bothered about the data on it as there is nothing important on it.

Thanks,

Twatson
Go to solution
10 REPLIES 10
krazzykate
Apprentice
Options
possibly: idont have as much no how as you for sure on compute, after a stroke,left me a bit foggy in this area, but, im guessing as you,ve had it for awhile,with no use,as with most software,and other such items,their is a : shelf life,involved,perhaps,this may have something to do with it, sorry if not much help,guessing.
0 Likes