Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 980 Pro SSD Drive (Bios 5B2QGXA7) with Magician 7.2.0.930: The selected drive does not support this feature

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 03:24 PM)
Economy1
Student
Options

I have a

Samsung 980 Pro SSD Drive
Sasmung Magician 7.2.0.930
BIOS of SSD : 5B2QGXA7

First of all I was on BIOS version 3B2QGXA7. Update with Magician was not possible, beacause I was told I already have the latest firmware. So I downloaded the ISO and created USB Stick (with the installation instructions PDF from Samsung website). On my motherboard (Asus Prime Z590-A, with latest BIOS) I could not start with the USB Stick (I removed UEFI security in BIOS). There remained a black screen when booting from USB stick.

So I took the SSD to an older PC and there I could update the SSD Bios with the USB Stick to Bios : 5B2QGXA7

After that I installed the SSD back in the other PC.

According to Samsung information Samsung (Supported Feature by Model) the 980 Pro should support:

- Drive Dashboard
- Drive Details
- Performance Benchmark
- Diagnostic Scan
- Performance Optimization
- Over Provisioning
- Secure Erase
- PSID Revert
- Encrypted Drive
- Data Migration
- Mini Mode 

But I get: 

"The selected drive does not support this feature" for:

- Performance Benchmark
- Diagnostic Scan
- Performance Optimization
- Over Provisioning
- Secure Erase
- PSID Revert
- Encrypted Drive
- Data Migration

I have no IDE, since I only have 1 NVMe SSD and 1 SATA HDD (Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, Build 19045.2193)

In "windows device manager" I only have one controller:
"Intel(R) 500 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

In BIOS there is no raid active, only AHCI.

Any ideas why I get "The selected drive does not support this feature" ?

Best regards,
Eco.

PS:
For all Samsung SSD 980 (PRO) users I recommend to download "Crystal Disk Info" , then change HEX to DEC in "function" => "advanced feature" => "raw values" => "10 [DEC]"
Then check your value for "Media and Data Integrity Errors" => I have 86928 errors there (I will replace my 980 PRO). You will also find error messages for "Bad block at device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0." in windows "event viewer" in "system" in this case.
Samsung changed from MLC (2 layers) to TLC (3 layers) with the 980 Pro series. 970 PRO was still MLC which is better in my view.
also view : https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/x8arle/psa_samsung_980_pro_users_in_china_are_observin...

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
b1b1du
First Poster
Options

@Economy1 

I am facing this exact problem - 980 SSD (non-Pro) on latest firmware 3B4QFXO7.

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Economy1
Student
Options

No solution until now ...

but I have same problem now with 990 Pro 2TB on new computer.

0 Likes