Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odessey G7 HDR 10-bit 240Hz issue

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 08:32 PM)
Nomad6
First Poster
Options

I have recently encountered an issue with the Odessey G7 27" after about two weeks of daily use.

The issue just happened today. I have not been able to set the monitor running at 240Hz with HDR and 10-bit enabled, which is a bummer. When I try to do that I get the following two black screen edges:

Black screen on both sidesBlack screen on both sides

The monitor works well in the following configurations:

- 144Hz HDR 10bpc

- 240Hz HDR 8bpc

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing (i.e. v457.51). I have done all the necessary things that you would expect:

- Uninstalled and re-installed monitor drivers.

- Uninstalled Nvidia drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and re-installed a clean version

Both the above were to no avail. I am not sure what to think. Could anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
ZombieWorm
Explorer
Options

Hey did you get to the bottom of this? I had this once and had to reset the monitor. I then bought a certified cable but your post reminded this happened to me. 

Hard to find good advice and samsung doesnt acknowledge any issues or recommend settings which is a pain!

0 Likes
DestroMurtz
Student
Options

Hey @Nomad6 ,

I just bought the G7 Odessy g7 from official samsung store having this same issue when connected to my laptop's Alt DP USB-C with a 8k HBR3 DP 1.4 [2k@240Hz] supported cable. Did you find a way to fix this issue as I'll need to decide on returning the product. 

hey @ZombieWorm did you find a solution, let me know if you guys have any idea.20231008_122944.jpg 

0 Likes
DestroMurtz
Student
Options

I was able to fix this issue by following the solution shared by a reddit poster Solution here 

0 Likes
ZombieWorm
Explorer
Options

Hey posting so you know I still around. I still use this display and not had many issues but will update on a few things:

1) I do not use HDR

2) I bought a better cable (than one provided in the box)

Now that could improve things but another thing I learned was older nvidia gpu's may struggle with the DSC element. This wont affect me as I use a 3090 but I would like to know more from users with radeon cards to see if issues are common to the brands being used.

0 Likes
Vali888
First Poster
Options

IMG_1468.jpgI can't believe I spent so much money on such bad done screen.

0 Likes