Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Bios Option

(Topic created on: 01-10-2021 10:58 PM)
TracieB
Student
Options

I'm trying to update from factory settings Windows 8 to Windows 10 from USB stick but the option is missing from the Bios menus. When attempting to download the tool from Microsoft site I get the attached error message. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
What error message??...

Have you instead gone onto Microsoft's own website to upgrade? Failing that - you should be able to update from Windows Update. If your pootah has a tpm 2.0 module on the mobile, enable it from the BIOS - you should then be able to update to Windows, which releases on 5th Oct. Hopefully, this will be able to be downloaded as an ISO file, so that you can upgrade to that.
0 Likes
TracieB
Student
Options

Sorry, couldn't find an option to attach the photo with error message. Yes I had gone into Windows site to upgrade but I couldn't get the tool to download; yet another error message. I don't understand what 'a tpm 2.0 module on the mobile'. Spent over 2 weeks trying to sort this whole mess with Samsung, Microsoft and Avast forum (their software crashed safe mode in the early stages of me trying to fix the original issue & wouldn't complete boot scan in regular mode) I resorted to taking it to professionals in the end and seems my HDD drive may have degraded oveer the 5 years since I've had it so I invested in a SDD drive. I lost photos, favourites and some documents. As usual, the lesson learnt here is back up, back up, back up. My only excuse being that I had forgotten how my external hard drive worked exactly and wasn't sure whether it was backing stuff up properly or not. Anyhoo thanks for trying to help.