Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Memory upgrade for Samsung R530 (NP-R530)

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 02:57 PM)
Emilumin
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung r530 laptop that I would like to upgrade (RAM) in order to upgrade it to Windows 10 (since Windows 7 is no longer supported).

The issue is how much can I add,I have seen a max. 8GB RAM upgrade on some sites and a max. 4GB RAM upgrade on others.

Finally has anyone tried to upgrade this model to Windows 10? How was your experience like?

Please let me know,

Thanks!

Emilumin

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi, it depends on the sub sku usually after the r530 comes another code which indicates the model "variation".

There are like the r530jt50 which is different from the r530-aaxx to give and example.

Which cpu do you have in?

I would still not advise you to upgrade to windows 10, the system will be heavier and an ssd swap is also adviced however the cpu will be quite a bottleneck.

Just stay on windows 7.

Let me know

0 Likes
Emilumin
Student
Options

Hi Archer,

Thanks for the reply. It's the NP-R530-JA04UK

For the CPU it's a Pentium T4300 2.1 Ghz.

I'm keen to keep Windows 7 though I'd like to use it for occasional photo editing and my other notebook can't cope.

Should I only upgrade the SSD or both RAM & SSD?

Thanks,

Emilumin

Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yes you can put an ssd and upgrade the ram. However i would not advise to do that that is a 70ish euros and that cpu will still be a bottleneck.

I would not upgrade to windows 10. You can put the ssd in the speed up your current windows 7 installation, but if you go onto 10 the cpu will have a hard time. It will not run awfully badly, but worse than it runs now.

Have a nice day

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

thank you

0 Likes