Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magician 7.1.0 not initializing

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 06:41 PM)
spearson0
Explorer
Options

When trying to update to 7.1.0 of Magician I get the following message.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 112611.png

I tried reinstalling v7.0.1 and upgrading three times now and still receive the same message.

I currently have an Evo 850 SSD installed in a Dell Optiplex 960.

Let me know if you need additional information.

77 REPLIES 77
spearson0
Explorer
Options

@ACVE  It seems like it took a while for Samsung to update the link with the latest version as it was still showing v7.0.1 for a while. I uninstalled v7.0.1 and reinstalled v 7.1.0.770 and it still gave me the error so I rebooted and the application opens fine now.

0 Likes
spearson0
Explorer
Options

If you are still experiencing the error use the following solution:

1. Uninstall v7.0.1

2. Download the latest version, 7.1.0.770 from Download – Tools & Software

3. Install the new version. If you still get an error after installation, reboot your PC and it should solve it.

0 Likes
Hamidan
Student
Options

I tried this solution several times but I get the same message and the same problem.

Hamidan
Student
Options

Somebody please guide me to an old STABLE version.

0 Likes
marinedalek
First Poster
Options

I am also having this issue on Windows 8.1. I am able to temporarily rectify it by:
- Uninstalling Samsung Magician
- Rebooting
- Reinstalling Samsung Magician.

However, this only seems to work until the next calendar day. For clarification, I work late so I arrived home after midnight last night and switched on my PC. I received the "Failed to initialize..." message and carried out the procedure above. Magician then worked correctly. I subsequently switched off my PC and went to bed. Today I switched on my PC during the day and Magician still started normally. I switched it off again and went to work. I've just returned home (after midnight) and Magician is again failing to initialize. I'm wondering if it's something as obscure as a date check upon startup that's causing the error?

0 Likes
RandomTox
First Poster
Options

Tried the given solution with the 7.1.0.770, but didn't solve the problem on my PC.

Tried several re-installs and reboots, but no luck. I see it starting in taskmanager,

but it shuts down immediately. Going back to 7.0.1

0 Likes
caccamo88
Journeyman
Options

@RandomTox wrote:... Going back to 7.0.1

"A vulnerability has been found the setup will be closed" sound this way the message I receive. That means can't install 7.0.1

Pedro L Almeida
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Upgraded to 7.1.0.770, worked initially, started failing soon after. This happened several times until I downgraded to 7.0. 

saman_rm
First Poster
Options

after install and set top performance the problem is still.

0 Likes
m21ahp
Apprentice
Options

same problem and error

samsung magician version 7.1.0.770 not start corrctly

0 Likes