Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magician 7.1.0 - no drives detected

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 04:53 PM)
Simkin
First Poster
Options

After updating to 7.1.0 NONE of my NVMe drives are detected.

I have 4 drives:  970 EVO 1TB, 970 EVO Plus 2TB, 980 1TB and 980 PRO 2TB. Asus Z690 Chipset and Windows 11.

Have to go back to 7.0.1

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Hayden_LI
First Poster
Options

I had asus Z690-G WIFI.I had the same problem as you after upgrading 7.1.0 this morning. Fortunately, I experienced it once before. The specific problem was that I was using 7.0.1 at that time, and I installed Intel Rapid storage technology driver, and then I couldn't find my 980Pro. I turned on the rapid option as ON in the BIOS and saw my 980Pro in the Maigician. Remember to see the Rapid option on the first page of the EZmode mode on the mainboard.

0 Likes
Members_ERK1r0X
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. No M.2 NVMe drives detected after the 7.1 update.

Asus Z690 mobo with 1 x 980PRO and 2 x 970EVO Plus.

Funny that it does detect the 4TB WDC SATA and 32GB USB3 stick.

0 Likes
Simkin
First Poster
Options

I have already Intel RST installed, i cant find any such option in my bios (Z690 Apex).

I would assume its ON ?

0 Likes
Members_ERK1r0X
First Poster
Options

After ENABLING IRST in the BIOS it only sees the 980PRO and not the two 970EVO Plus NVMe's.

0 Likes
drsamwaa
First Poster
Options

Same problem, this update does not work. Not recognising any of my Samsung NVME drives but all of my SATA and hard drives! Amazing this has not been properly tested.

0 Likes
Mentorron
Journeyman
Options

I just experienced the same thing today with update to SM 7.1.0, so went back to 7.0.1.

It didn't see my 980 on NVMe port 1 (and didn't recognize my Kingston SATA drive properly either).

I am running an HP EliteDesk 800 G4 with Intel Core i-5 on Windows 10.

If I remember correctly, I have had problems with one previous version of magician before I got my current computer. Had to revert to previous version at that time too until Samsung sorted out the problem.

0 Likes
Simkin
First Poster
Options

7.1.0 is now out on the Samsung website, i assume its the same issue if you use the installer instead of updating through Magician?

Can confirm, same issue with installer also.

0 Likes