What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It Looks like Windows 11 22H2 update does not like my Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 i7

(Topic created on: 12-10-2022 03:12 PM)
Options

I have a Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 i7-1260p and a Galaxy Book Pro 360 i5-1165g and still have not been offered the Windows 11 22H2 upgrade.

Is this because Microsoft don't like Samsung or visa versa ?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung will make sure the OS upgrade works correctly prior to it being made available for download.

Samsung appear to have a good relationship with Microsoft which is why some of Samsungs backup services are utilising Microsoft services like onedrive and onenote.

I have the Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 i7 and I'm in the same position as yourself. Personally I don't mind waiting if Samsung are making sure there are no issues caused by the upgrade.
0 Likes
Options

You are probably right.

Today I got the message on my Galaxy Book Pro 360 i5 that 22H2 is ready to download.

I would have thought that my younger machine the Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 i7 would have been offered the update first since Intel and Microsoft seem keen on Trusted Platforms in the Bios and secure boots which is the latest tech in the i7-1260P 

0 Likes
2wheeler2
First Poster
Options

I installed the W11 22H2 update on a Galaxy Book Flex Alpha, Core i5 10th Gen. It about killed the machine. I could log in and move the mouse around, but the screen was dark. I had to boot into safe mode to revert to the previous OS version.  Everything is good again. I'm not going near that upgrade for a while. 

0 Likes
Options

I am still getting the 22H2 is on its way to my i7-1260p Galaxy Book Pro 360.

It installed OK in my i5 1165G 11th Edition.

I don't know what going on in Intel and Samsung, but answers are hard to come by, my i5 11th Gen is still quicker than my i7 12th Gen.

I'm thinking about making the switch to the MacBook Air M2. The Apple chips seem to be a lot better, both in performance and battery. They seem to be more refined; Intel chips have always generated a lot of heat and heat needs power, thus battery like is impacted. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Installed fine on my Book2 I5.

Obsydian_0-1666891734758.png

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Options

Went straight into my Galaxy Book Pro 360 i5-1165G as well, plus straight into my Huawei Matebook i5.

I don't think the i5s have the trusted platform.

All very strange and no response from either Intel, Microsoft or Samsung.

0 Likes
Options

Hi. I've got a bit tired of Samsung + Intel chips and moved to a MacBook Air M2. battery life is much better, as is the performance. Over the years I have found the Intel chips to be very power hungry, very heat generating. 

0 Likes