Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Firmware Update on NX1100 Camera

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 07:07 PM)
I_Luv_Orange
Student
Options

Hi everyone 👋🏻

I've had my camera since 2013, old news I know, but in that time I never updated the software. Recently I’ve been using it & tried to figure out how the hell to update the firmware?! I’ve tried everything to no avail. The settings won’t let me as it’s greyed out, the software that apparently is built in & can be downloaded when connected to your computer has never appeared, so after some digging around I found  someone on here that posted a link to it which I was able to download. After I select to update it i got an error saying that it had trouble connecting? Even downloading it from the website has proven difficult as it just makes copies of the zip file. I’m at a loss. If anyone knows how to resolve the issue i’d greatly appreciate it. Cheers! 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @I_Luv_Orange 

Did you manage to get this sorted out or are you still having the issue?

0 Likes
I_Luv_Orange
Student
Options

Still having issues. I managed to transfer the updated software to the SD card, but once it’s brought up onto the camera & the update has been confirmed the progress bar isn’t moving? It’s saying updating, but the bar isn’t moving?

0 Likes
jcordeiro
Apprentice
Options

I had exactly the same problem upgrading from 1.13 to 1.15, but then I realized I was missing one firmware file (it´s 2 files, instead of 1).

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Has your Camera now been successfully updated, @jcordeiro?

jcordeiro
Apprentice
Options

Yes. I'm on a Mac, btw.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

So you downloaded the files on your Mac before transferring to the camera?

jcordeiro
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I got the 2 files from here: http://samsungnx.herokuapp.com/software
Copied them to the root of the SD card and ran the update from the camera (Menu > Settings > Device Information > Firmware Update).
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @jcordeiro! Thanks for the update!

@I_Luv_Orange - if you haven't already sorted this, hope this helps.